The 10 best family reunion movies range from comedies to horror movies. It is often said that you cannot go back home. After seeing the 10 best family reunion movies, you may be convinced that you can at least try to go home again.
- "The Great Outdoors" (1988). Dan Aykroyd and John Candy star in this movie about two families that reunite for a camping trip. After a birthday party for a dead guy, a bear attack and an attempt to sell a bogus investment the group realizes how important family really is.
- "Christmas Vacation" (1989). This classic National Lampoon's movie features the attempt by Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) to bring his whole family together for Christmas. The family winds up reuniting, but the house is nearly destroyed in the process.
- "Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion" (2006). Tyler Perry reprises his "man in a dress" routine for this movie about the character Madea's (Tyler Perry) attempts to help a group of girls she is court ordered to watch. She also has to arrange a family reunion, and there is a lot that goes wrong.
- "The Royal Tenenbaums" (2001). A family with three gifted children who've grown up with a self-serving absentee father who separated from their mother have all fallen on hard times as adults, causing them to boomerang back to their childhood home. Although initially pursuing an ulterior motive, the father (Gene Hackman) moves back in as well to try and make things right with his family.
- "Mrs. Doubtfire" (1993). A man that loses custody of his children in a divorce decides to play the part of the children's new female nanny to stay close to them. In the end, the family manages to find common ground and stay a close unit.
- "What Dreams May Come" (1998). Chris Nielsen (Robin Williams) dies and is allowed to live in his own version of heaven. But when he realizes his wife and kids are not with him, he sets out to find them and reunite the family.
- "Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi" (1983). The first two "Star Wars" movies set up the family reunion that is to come in Episode VI. By the end of the movie, Luke (Mark Hamill) has been reunited with his father Darth Vader (voiced by James Earl Jones) to talk to him as father and son, and Luke also finds out that Leia (Carrie Fisher) is his sister.
- "Home Alone" (1990). When Kevin's (Macaulay Culkin) parents mistakenly leave him home alone as they head to Paris on vacation, the eight-year-old is left to fend for himself. The rest of the movie is all about the attempts that the parents make to reunite with their abandoned son.
- "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (2005). This is a story about eccentric world of candy maker Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp). One of the sub-plots to the story is Wonka's insistence that family is not important. Wonka is convinced of the importance of family when he reunites with his father (Christopher Lee) at the end of the movie.
- "It's A Wonderful Life" (1946). This is one of the most famous members of the list of the 10 best family reunion movies ever made. George Bailey (James Stewart) leaves his family only to find out how much he cannot live without them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”