10 Best Family Sedans
Here is a list of the 10 best family sedans. Most of the time, a person needs to know this information because he or she has a family or is about to have one. Readers who need to now the ideal vehicle to haul their current or perspective rug rats in will benefit from perusal of this list.
- The Honda Accord. While American cars are good, it is also true that they are not what they once were. Honda recently won many reliability tests and unlike Toyota did not have unintended acceleration problems. The inexpensive price puts it in the budget of many families.
- The Chevy Lumina. Sure, GM did take a lot of bailout money from the government, but that did not greatly affect the quality of its vehicles. Chevy’s Lumina combines power with reliability, even though its somewhat larger engine means it does not get the best gas mileage.
- Ford Taurus. The Taurus is the result of a Ford designer being told to design a car he would want to own, according to noted non-automotive expert, Anthony Robbins. However, the car makes it on the list for its reliability and ease of use.
- Toyota Camry. With the problems the Japanese auto maker has faced in 2010, it is surprising to find any of its cars make it onto the list of the best family sedans, but as long as the car does not have gum under the gas pedal or whatever caused the unintended acceleration issues, the Camry still has one of the best safety records on the road
- Plymouth Reliant. Chrysler no longer makes the K car, but a person on a limited budget may find out that as the Bare Naked Ladies suggested in their song “If I had a Million Dollars,” that the K Car is a real reliant automobile.
- Buick Park Avenue. The Park Avenue is more of a family car than a luxury sedan, but Buick owners tend to be extremely loyal to their cars and this car is one of the top family sedans available. Now, if they would only bring the Electra 225 back in a much more fuel efficient model.
- Volkswagen Jetta. An unpronounceable German word made up for this company puts this car on the list of the best family sedans.
- Mazda 626. Looking for a sporty option to take the family around in? This sedan might just fit the bill.
- Ford Crown Victoria. This may not rank the highest on the list, but if you get a spotlight and place it on the driver’s side of your car you may find people drive a lot more safely around you. The tendency for this car to get mistaken for police cruisers makes it one of the safest cars on the road and puts it on the list of top family sedans.
- Plymouth Breeze. This car, like the Neon, suffered from problems when it was first introduced. Chrysler has sorted out many of the reliability problems and the Breeze now has a good reliability record.