10 Best Family Xmas Movies
The 10 best family Xmas movies seem to make the Christmas season so much more festive. Beginning in December, the season just comes alive when you see one of these movies. Christmas just isn't Christmas without the mere mention of of one of these.
- "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" Burl Ives narrates the most popular cartoon of the Christmas season. Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer is the story of a reindeer born with a shiny red nose who is not popular due to his red nose but in the end is called upon by Santa to help save Christmas.
- "It's A Wonderful Life" Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reeves were never greater than when they came together as George and Mary Bailey in the Christmas favorite that has brought families together on Christmas eve as they enjoy the beauty of the story of salvation when an angel takes George Bailey on a trip back in time to realize what life would have been like if he had not lived.
- "Home Alone" Starring McCauley Caulkin who became famous as Kevin the young boy of 8 who wishes he has no family and due to a mishap, the family forgets Kevin has been banned to the upstairs room and leaves for their Christmas vacation without him.
- "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" The story of the Griswald family and their mishaps this time during the Christmas holiday when family members come to visit and stay. Chevy Chase, Beverly DeAngelo, Randy Quaid return to make this movie one that is always a Christmas favorite.
- "The Preacher's Wife" Starring Denzel Washington, Whitney Houston and Loretta Devine is a remake of the 1947 film "The Bishop's Wife." Penny Marshall directed this version. The Georgia Mass choir sang and appeared in the movie with Cissy Houston, the mother of Whitney Houston.
- "The Santa Clause" Tim Allen does it again in this new take on a Christmas tradition. The Santa Clause is the story of Scott Calvin causing Santa Clause to fall from his roof and having to take over from that night forward as the new Santa clause.
- "Frosty the Snowman" An animated television movie special featuring the voice of Jimmy Durante narrating and Jackie Vernon as Frosty. The story of a snowman who when a magicians hat is placed on his head, he comes to life and in order to keep him from melting, a little girl makes the trip with him to the north pole.
- "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" A Dr. Seuss original for Christmas. This story tells the tale of a Grinch who detest all the joy and cheer of Christmas and decides to take away Christmas from the town of Whoville.
- "Scrooge" With so many versions, the story of Scrooge and the visit from three ghost is one of the most popular movies ever during the Christmas season. Until visited by three ghost, Ebenezer Scrooge is known around the village for his miserly ways.
- "The Polar Express" Animated film based on a children's book with the same title written by Chris van Allsburg. A magical train appears to help restore a young boys belief in the true Spirit of Christmas.