There are a lot of great films but the best feel good movies will have an audience standing and cheering by their conclusion. These are underdog stories, tales of the little guys reaching the pinnacle of success and people overcoming insurmountable odds.
- “The Blind Side” – Sandra Bullock won an Academy Award for her role in this, one of the best feel good movies. Based on the true story of Michael Oher, the movie shows a young homeless man who is taken in by a caring family and forges a career in football.
- “Rudy” – Rudy, a smaller high school football player, attends Notre Dame and dreams of playing for the Fighting Irish in one of the best feel good movies of all time. Loosely based on a true story, the movie ends with one of cinemas greatest feel good endings as Rudy is carried onto the field by his teammates.
- “Amelie” – French filmmaker Jean-Pierre Jeanet directs this, one of the best feel good movies of all time. Audrey Tautou plays Amelie, a young girl who tries to make everyone else’s dreams come true. When she finally decides to make herself happy, it is a wonderful moment.
- “Field of Dreams” – This Kevin Costner baseball movie is one of the best feel good movies of all time. An Iowa farmer begins to hear a voice telling him if he builds a baseball diamond in his fields, they will come. The movie ends with the ghosts of the disgraced Chicago White Sox players playing in the field.
- “Slumdog Millionaire” – Danny Boyle won an Academy Award for this, one of the best feel good movies of all time. The movie is a Bollywood film released in America, following a young street kid who gets an opportunity on the Indian version of “Who Wants to be a Millionaire.”
- “Shawshank Redemption” – This Stephen King adaptation is one of the best feel good movies of all time. Tim Robbins plays a man sent to prison for killing his wife. When the witness who can prove his innocence is killed, Robins realizes the only way out now is to escape.
- “Good Will Hunting” – Matt Damon and Ben Affleck won an Oscar for writing this, one of the best feel good movies of all time. Matt Damon plays a guy whose life offers change when he gets a chance to study math under a professor at MIT played by Stellan Skarsgård while seeing a therapist played by Robin Williams.
- “It’s a Wonderful Life” – This classic Christmas movie is one of the best feel good movies of all time. James Stewart stars as a man who decides his life is not what he hoped and sets out to kill himself. An angel shows him what would happen if he never existed and, when he returns, realizes that his life is perfect as it is.
- “Hoosiers” – This basketball movie is one of the best feel good movies of all time. Gene Hackman stars as a high school basketball coach who leads his smaller team in a David vs. Goliath storyline. The movie has a number of feel good moments that culminate in the final championship game.
- “Rocky” – In the best little guy movie of all time, “Rocky” is one of the best feel good movies of all time. Sylvester Stallone stars as Rocky, a small time boxer from the streets of Philadelphia, who gets a chance at the World Championship in boxing.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …