The 10 best female acoustic songs come from a variety of artists including rock singers and folk artists. The songs are written to cover a variety of topics from depression to isolation. Be sure to add the ten best female acoustic songs to your music collection.
- "Fast Car" (1988) – Tracy Chapman. Tracy Chapman's soulful voice was the perfect vehicle for this entry on to the list of the best female acoustic songs. It sounds like a stream of consciousness set to music, but the lyrics talk about the desire to get away from the world. It represents escape and the need to rely on one's self for fulfillment.
- "Sweet Bird" (1975) – Joni Mitchell. Joni Mitchell is considered by many to be one of the greatest female songwriters to ever live. So it only stands to reason that she would be found on the list of the best female acoustic songs. It is a beautiful song that actually has some somber lyrics. The lyrics read like poetry that was based on some of Mitchell's deepest thoughts.
- "Not Ready to Make Nice" (2006) – Dixie Chicks. When the Dixie Chicks spoke out against President George W. Bush at one of their shows, they began to receive death threats. In this song, they address those death threats directly by indicating that they have no desire to stop performing. It is a powerful song that belongs on the list of the best female acoustic songs.
- "Closer to Fine" (1989) – Indigo Girls. The Indigo Girls are known for controversy, great harmonies and catchy tunes. The song "Closer to Fine" (1989) was their breakthrough hit about trust and how the girls define it. It is a great song definitely worthy of being on the list of the ten best female acoustic songs.
- "Power of Two" (1994) – Indigo Girls. The song "Power of Two" (1994) is about the challenges the girls faced when they came out as lesbian. It is a song about the power of conviction, dedication and togetherness.
- "Diamonds and Rust" (1975) – 1975. Joan Baez has always been known as a graphic storyteller, and in this entry on the list of the ten best female acoustic songs she paints a vivid picture. The song is about a phone call she received from an old boyfriend for no reason one day. She talks about emotions and describes the conflict that caused the pair to break up in the first place.
- "No One Knows My Heart" (1991) – Susan Ashton. To get the soft drum effect for this song, Ashton had her drummer play on a shoe box. It is a beautiful acoustic song that shows off Ashton's range and ability to write a melody. This song is off her very successful debut album "Wakened by the Wind" (1991).
- "Me and Bobby McGee" (1971) – Melissa Etheridge. In 1994, Melissa Etheridge came out as a lesbian and in that same year she did a live version of the song "Me and Bobby McGee" (1971). It was a song written by Kris Kristofferson but made famous by Janis Joplin. Etheridge's 1994 rocking acoustic version of the song is one of the best female acoustic songs ever recorded.
- "Love and Affection" (1976) – Joan Armatrading. The most striking feature about "Love and Affection" (1971) is Armatrading's beautiful vocals, and the soulful energy she brings to the performance. It is a love song but with an energetic kick to it, and that is one of the things that makes it popular.
- "As Tears Go By" (1964) – Marianne Faithfull. Mick Jagger wrote this song, but he allowed Marianne Faithfull to have a hit with it first in 1964. The Rolling Stones would chart with this song in 1965. It shows of Faithfull's raspy and soulful voice in a beautiful way.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …