10 Best Female B Movie Stars
Composing a list of the 10 best female B movie stars is tricky because their movies aren’t immediately recognizable. That’s why they are “B” movies as opposed to A-list movies. That doesn’t make this list of beauties any less worthy of recognition:
- Natasha Henstridge– This Canadian blond bombshell is likely best known for her role as the exotic, sex-craved alien in the movie "Species" or for her steady TV work. She also has starred in several B movies, the likes of which most of have never seen or heard.
- Gabrielle Union– This Black American actress with the almond eyes and luscious lips is, like the rest of the actresses on this list, known for a lot of titles that are difficult to name. She was, however, the first black actress to appear in the TV show "Friends" and has starred in several B movies with predominately African-American themes.
- Adrienne Barbeau– This seventies scream queen had a turn on the TV show "Maude" before coming into her own as one of the most recognizable female B movie stars. In addition to being known for her ample bosom, she starred in classics such as John Carpenter’s “The Fog” and “Escape From New York,” both while being married to him. She also starred in the horror comic film adaptations of “Swamp Thing” and “Creepshow.”
- Caroline Munro– Another seventies B movie star known for turns in less common horror and sci-fi genre pics. She also might be more recognizable without her clothes on, since she was often so scantily clad in many of her roles.
- Ingrid Pitt– This late sixties/early seventies B queen is, like others on this list, perhaps better known for her ample cleavage. She put on a near start turn in the lesbian vamp classic “Vampire Lovers,” solidifying her status as one of the all-time best female B movie stars.
- Jamie Lee Curtis– Though she later rose to mainstream fame, this daughter of Janet Leigh, star of of “Psycho,” began her career as a scream queen, first with John Carpenter’s “Halloween” and “The Fog,” then “Terror Train” and “Halloween 2.” She always held some sort of B movie star cache, with turns in the sci-fi pic "Virus" and a reprise of her original “Halloween” role in “Halloween: H20.”
- Linda Blair– The little girl who scared the world in “The Exorcist” went on to B movie star fame with turns in cute adolescent skate movies, breast revealing prison movies and a long list of B movie horror titles. She also dated Rick James, which might make her the most “B” actress on the list.
- Linnea Quigley– Little known outside of the niche world of independent B movie horror/gore is Linnea Quigley. A punk-type bob-cut bad girl, she often showed up in late night moves that you never really paid attention to until the hot chick got naked. Yep, that was her.
- Nastasia Kinski– Nickamed “Nasti” by the media, this luscious lipped daughter of German actor Klaus Kinski entranced us all in "Cat People" and later went on to a prominent B movie star career with roles in several U.S. and European productions.
- Shannon Tweed– How could anyone ever forget this former Playboy model that became the queen of B movie erotica. She made it as hot as you could get it without going XXX. And, she left everyone to wonder just what Gene Simmons does with that tongue of his.