Looking for the 10 best female indie singers? There are many great female singers working outside of mainstream music. If you're interested in learning about great female indie artists, check out the list below. You won't be disappointed!
- Zoey Deschanel. Not only is she a successful actress and one part of the indie duo "She and Him," Zoey Deschanel is quite a versatile artist. Her sweet voice and retro sound will intrigue you.
- Liz Phair. Our veteran indie singer Liz Phair has returned to the scene with some amazing new tunes you won't want to miss. If you're not familiar with her older work, be sure to check it out.
- Lissie. Her voice will astound you and her lyrics will move you. Lissie is an indie chick on the rise, so don't miss the ride.
- Grace Potter. Grace Potter is taking the world by storm with her alternative country sound and is definitely one of this year's break-out female artists.
- Jenny Lewis. You may recognize this indie beauty from her childhood acting days. Those days are behind her, and she is blowing up on the indie charts with her music. Make sure to see her live; it's an amazing experience.
- Natasha Khan. This indie artist is also known as Bat for Lashes. Her sultry voice goes perfectly with her mellow style. It's the perfect "chilling out" music.
- Laura Marling. This Irish beauty is definitely about to blow up! She's the ultimate package: young, beautiful, poetic and a talented guitarist. Watch and listen as she takes over the world.
- Karen Elson. Karen Elson is a women who excels in both her career as a model and as a musician. Don't let the fact her husband is none other then Jack White fool you. She is a true talent all on her own. Her lyrics are dark but the music is beautiful.
- Sharon Jones. She may have started late but she's got fire in her that will blow her young competitors away. Her soulful music reminds us of the female artists that have influenced today's young female indie rockers.
- Ellie Goulding. Ellie Goulding is indie music's British darling who is just making a name for herself in the United States. She's a favorite among music critics and once you hear her it you will understand why.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…