For a milder alternative to standard rock n' roll, you might want to check out this list of the 10 best female pop songs. Staying on the cutting edge of the music charts isn't an easy task, but these talented female pop stars are doing just that. If you're looking for some great music to listen to, here's a list of some of the best female pop songs to help you start the day off right.
- "Firework" by Katy Perry: "You've just gotta ignite the light and let it shine!" This is a very inspirational female pop song that quickly caught on with the masses, rocketing up both the pop and club charts. While some questioned Perry's rhyming ability, thanks to this tune, most agree that it's one of the best female pop songs of 2011.
- "We R Who We R" by Ke$ha: Ke$ha made quite a stir with her 2010 debut and the girl is still going strong. "Lookin' sick and sexified," she belts out this popular pop and dance track with the kind of attitude that clearly qualifies it as one of the best female pop songs of the year.
- "Hold It Against Me" by Britney Spears: You might have thought she was a thing of the past, but one listen to this new track will remind you why Britney is known for kicking out some of the best female pop songs. This song is rich, sexy and makes you want to get up and dance!
- "What's My Name?" by Rihanna: Rihanna has been hitting the charts strong ever since she first made her appearance in 2005 with "Pon de Replay." Ever since, she's consistently kicked out hit after hit. "What's My Name?," featuring R&B star Drake, promises to be one of the best female pop songs of all time.
- "Raise Your Glass" by P!nk: If you enjoy a little bit of a rebel with your pop music, you might agree that P!nk's "Raise Your Glass" is the underdog anthem of 2011. Easily one of the best female pop songs that's been released in some time, it's a song that encourages the masses to raise their glasses and toast their originality. It's a little ironic coming from a "Tank Girl" lookalike, but you can't help but love her spirit.
- "F**kin' Perfect" by P!nk: "Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than, less than perfect." This is one of the best female pop songs to lift the spirits and inspire others to be proud of who they are. A beautiful and touching song, performed by an artist who isn't afraid to say what she feels, this tune is powerful.
- "Back to December" by Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift has certainly made some waves with her country crossover. This young woman has it all; beauty, personality and a gorgeous voice, all wrapped up into one tall, willowy package. Sweet and sad, "Back to December" is one of the best female pop songs for those who like sad romantic tunes.
- "Moment 4 Life" by Nicki Minaj: "Everybody dies but not everybody lives." If you thought female rappers were a thing of the past, be sure to give a listen to the revitalizing sounds of Nicki Minaj. "Moment 4 Life" is a motivational and powerful tune, earning it a place in our list of best female pop songs of 2011.
- "What the Hell" by Avril Lavigne: She was quiet for a while, leading many to thing that Sk8er Gurl Avril Lavigne had been granted her 15 minutes and slipped into oblivion. "What the Hell" shows that this powerful young performer is back and ready to storm the charts with her power ballads and hot female pop songs.
- "S&M" by Rihanna: Rihanna sheds her good girl image for a little bit of the naughty in this steamy hot song and accompanying video. If you're a fan of Rihanna, be sure to check out this contender in our list of the best female pop songs. You won't be disappointed.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)