The 10 best female rock stars of the '80s all share a hard edge with a sultry look. These female rock stars reached the top of the charts in the '80s and proved their talent with lasting staying power.
- Pat Benatar Pat Benatar was one of the ultimate female rock stars of the '80s. Her combination of passionate lyrics and her sultry voice with songs like “Promises in the Dark” and “Heartbreaker” always left us speechless.
- Joan Jett Joan Jett developed a hard edge with songs like “I Love Rock and Roll.” Blasting a Joan Jett song in the '80s made us feel cool like her.
- Deborah Harry Deborah Harry, the former lead singer of Blondie, owned the '80s. Her range in music demonstrated her true talent. She rocked with “Call Me,” and rapped with “Rapture.” Truly one of the best female rock stars of all time.
- Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks had that sultry voice men loved and women wanted. “Edge of Seventeen” left us wanting more of her.
- Cyndi Lauper Cyndi Lauper’s music combined a playful style with some sexy lyrics. “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” put her on the map, but songs like “She Bop” proved her staying power as one of the best female rock stars.
- Madonna Madonna’s “Burning Up” and "Like a Virgin” caused a sensation in all of the clubs. She mastered the art of dance in her songs and pushed the sexual envelope more than any other female rock star.
- Belinda Carlisle Belinda Carlisle, the former lead singer of The Go-Go’s, developed one of the highest grossing albums of the '80s. Her hit songs, “I Get Weak” and “Mad About You,” made us all mad about her.
- Sheena Easton Sheena Easton hits included bubbly songs like “Morning Train” and suggestive songs like “Sugar Walls.” This female rock star displayed her versatility with songs like “For Your Eyes Only.”
- Tina Turner Tina Turner proved that her performances made men half her age fall in love with her. Probably the best female rock star of our time made an impact with songs like “Private Dancer” and “What’s Love Got to do With It."
- Chrissie Hynde This female rock star demonstrated her low sexy voice with classic songs like “Middle of the Road.” She blended rock songs with an infectious rhythm that captivated us.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.