10 Best Female Rock Voices
The ten best female rock voices are all great to listen to. These singers have all had many successful hit songs, and they rarely disappoint their fans. This list has singers of different eras, since many of the best female rock voices remain good to listen to even many years later.
- Debbie Harry of Blondie has one of the best female rock voices. Anyone who has ever heard Harry sing knows why she is on the best female rock voices list. The group had a hit “Call Me” that was one of the best songs of the 80’s.
- Pat Benatar has one of the best voices of all-time. Even though Benatar is small, she has a powerful voice that once you heard it you could not forget. She had many hit songs including “Hit Me with Your Best Shot”, and was a great influence on the female rock singers of the current era.
- Ann Wilson of Heart is one of the best female rock singers. Heart had two Wilson sisters, but Ann was a better singer than Nancy. She knew how to blast out a great song using her powerful voice. “Barracuda” was one of the group’s most memorable songs thanks to Ann Wilson’s lead vocals.
- Kelly Clarkson has one of the best female rock voices. American Idol got her career started, but Clarkson has managed to stick around because of her talent. Songs like “Since You’ve Been Gone” are reasons why her fans never get tired of listening.
- Annie Lennox is another top female rock singer. Lennox was the singer for Eurythmics, and has a powerful singing voice. The song “Would I Lie to You” is just one of the examples of her great singing range.
- Joan Jett has one of the best female rock voices to listen to. No female singer before or since has ever rocked harder than Jett. She had a backup group called The Blackhearts, and originally was a member of The Runaways back in the 70’s. “I Love Rock ‘n Roll” was one of the songs where Jett’s voice was at its best.
- Chrissy Hynde is another rock singer with a great voice. She is best known for being in the group The Pretenders. On songs like “Brass in Pocket”, Hynde’s distinctive voice stands out. She certainly has one of the best female rock voices of all-time.
- Madonna has one of the best voices of all-time. She may be controversial, but there is no denying that the woman can sing. Her voice is distinctive and even casual music fans know when it is one of her songs they are listening to on the radio. “Ray of Light” is one of the songs where Madonna displays her considerable vocal talents.
- Sheryl Crow is another great female rock star. Crow has been around since the 80’s, and still makes great music today. She is a versatile singer and can also play a number of different instruments. “If It Makes You Happy” is one of the songs where Crow’s talent is easy to hear.
- Grace Slick of Jefferson Airplane/Starship has a great voice. Slick is another female hard rocker who is fun to listen to. “We Built This City” was a big hit for the band, and Slick was on top of her game.