The 10 best female songs of 2008 are performed by some of the most talented ladies on the music scene. The year 2008 was filled with unprecedented events such as the election of Barack Obama to the U.S. Presidency, the deaths of amazing actors such as Heath Ledger and Charlton Heston, and the debut of movies such as "The Dark Knight," "Kung Fu Panda" and "Iron Man." But through all that, these women were at the top of their game.
- “Hot N Cold” This song is from Katy Perry's debut album, “One of the Boys,” which was recorded by Capitol Records. The song appears in the opening of the 2009 movie “The Ugly Truth” starring Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler.
- “Disturbia” This hit song sung by Rihanna is from her album “Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded.” Chris Brown was one of the writers of this up-tempo dance pop song.
- “Womanizer” Britney Spears did an amazing job with “Womanizer.” The song appears on her “Circus” album, which was produced by Jive Records. The accompanying music video won Best Pop Video at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. The song has also been covered by acts like Lily Allen and Franz Ferdinand.
- “I Kissed A Girl” Katy Perry sings this song that appears on her “One of the Boys” album. Perry has stated in many interviews that the song describes how magical a woman’s true beauty is and how it was partially inspired by Scarlett Johansson.
- “Mercy” This song is sung by Duffy, a Welsh soul singer. "Mercy" is on her debut album “Rockferry.” On the eleventh season of "Dancing with the Stars," Derek Hough and Jennifer Grey did a cha cha to the song.
- “Come On Over” As one of the best female songs of 2008, Jessica Simpson did a great job with this song that appears on her album “Do You Know.” Jessica was one of the writer on the song along with Rachel Proctor and Victoria Banks. It is the first single from her first country album and her fifth studio album.
- “Last Name” Carrie Underwood is responsible for this song, which appears on her album “Carnival Ride.” The song is about meeting a guy in a bar in Las Vegas and waking up the next morning married and not knowing what happened. The song won her three consecutive Grammy awards.
- “Love Story” Taylor Swift sang this song, which can be heard on her album “Fearless.” Swift wrote and produced this song, which has been certified platinum five times. The song appears in the trailer of the 2010 movie “Letters to Juliet.”
- “Picture to Burn” As one of the best female songs of 2008, Taylor Swift had a huge hit with this song. She is one of the writers of the song with Liz Rose. The song appears on the Japanese version of “Fearless.” There are two versions of the song, one version being censored. The song is about holding a grudge against an ex boyfriend.
- “Stronger Woman” Sung by Jewel and produced by John Rich of the country duo Big and Rich, “Stronger Woman” made its video debut in March 2008 on Perez Hilton’s blog. It appears on Jewel's album “Perfectly Clear.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?