10 Best Female Songs 2009
The 10 best female songs of 2009 are from popular and powerful female singers in the music industry. These songs have memorable lyrics, catchy beats and strong vocal performances. Dance, pop, country and R&B sings top the best female songs of 2009.
- "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga The catchy "Poker Face" has an infatuating beat that makes you want to dance. Lady Gaga has a great way of creating memorable larger than life songs that are hard to get sick of hearing. One of the best female songs of 2009 because it was the top-selling single in the UK that year.
- "Cowboy Casanova" by Carrie Underwood The lead single from Underwood's album "Play On" is one of the best female songs of 2009. The country star's up-tempo and lyrically cruel "Cowboy Casanova" was her eighth No. 1 on the Country charts. The lyrics serve as a warning that her ex-boyfriend is bad news and other girls should stay away.
- "My Life Would Suck Without You" Kelly Clarkson One of the best female songs of 2009 reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts and is about being in a dysfunctional relationship. The song shows off the female American Idol winner's powerful vocal range. The lyrics are relatable for anyone who is in a bad relationship, but can't find the courage to leave.
- "Love Story" by Taylor Swift Swift wrote the song based on a true situation where she hid a relationship that wouldn't be accepted. The 2009 song was the first female country song to go No. 1 on Billboards Mainstream chart. Female country singer Swift wrote such amazing song that it crossed genres with ease.
- "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga The 2009 song by female artist Lady Gaga was the lead single off "The Fame Monster." This catchy pop dance tune will have the chorus running through your head for days. One of the best female songs of 2009 because the amazing and unique music video will have you entranced. The song's video received ten MTV Video Music Award nominations.
- "Halo" by Beyonce A sweet and heartwarming love song by Beyonce is one of the best female songs of 2009. It's a slow ballad about how letting your emotional guard down is worth the risk. The 2009 song by a female was so popular the hit television show "Glee" covered it in an episode.
- "Waking Up in Vegas" by Katy Perry One of the best female songs of 2009 is the last single from Perry's 2008 album "One of the Boys." The single was released in 2009 and quickly became a hit on the Billboard charts and radio airwaves. Perry co-wrote the song with Desmond Child about a crazy night in Vegas.
- "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks The 2009 song by American Idol winner Sparks was her first single from "Battlefield." She incorporated a lyric from Pat Benatar's "Love is a Battlefield" into the lyrics, which she sang during the Idol competition. The song about a relationship gone sour is a great power ballad which shows Sparks vocal range.
- "Russian Roulette" by Rihanna The lead single off Rihanna's 2009 album "Rated R" is about being in a bad relationship. The song is Rihanna's first single since her relationship with Chris Brown ended and the feel emulates dark emotions. The lyrics revolve around being overshadowed and overpowered by a significant other.
- "Party in the U.S.A." by Miley Cyrus In 2009 the song "Party in the U.S.A." was all over the airwaves. The song is the lead single off "Time of Our Lives" EP and was a summertime anthem with a catchy and memorable hook. One of the best female songs of 2009 because the producers were pop superstars Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson.