10 Best Female Tennis Players
The ten best female tennis players have achieved amazing feats and have totally dominated the sport of tennis. Tennis is one of the most competitive sports of all time. Over the years, there have been several female tennis players who have left their mark on the sport. Each year, the tennis season starts with the Australian Open. These female tennis players always rule the Australian, French and U.S. Opens.
- Justine Henin- Henin is a player from Belgium. She is ranked number four in the world. Henin has won 43 Women’s Tennis Association singles titles and seven Grand Slam singles titles. She retired from tennis in May of 2008, but made a return in January of 2010.
- Evonne Goolagong- Goolagong is one of the best female tennis players from Australia. In the 1970’s and 1980’s, she was one of the leading players in the world. She has won fourteen Grand Slam titles. Her career record is 704-165 in singles and eighteen-sixteen in doubles.
- Venus Williams- We all know Williams as one of the best female tennis players in the world. She is ranked number four in the world in singles and number one in doubles with her sister, Serena. She is the current reigning women’s doubles champion at the Australian, French and U.S. Opens. She has won three Olympic gold medals, which is more than any other female tennis players.
- Serena Williams- Like her sister Venus, Williams is an amazing tennis player. She is number one in the world in both singles and doubles. She has been named number six on the list of all-time greatest champions. She has thirteen Grand Slam titles which makes her number six on the all-time list for the most Grand Slam titles.
- Monica Seles- Seles is one of the best female tennis players as she is a member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame. She was born in Serbia and became a U.S. citizen in 1994. At the tender age of sixteen, she was the champion at the 1990 French Open, making her the youngest player to ever achieve this feat. She was ranked number one in the world in 1991 and 1992.
- Billie Jean King- King is a retired female tennis player. She has won twelve Grand Slam single titles, sixteen Grand Slam doubles titles and eleven Grand Slam mixed doubles titles. In 1973, she won a tennis match against tennis star, Bobby Riggs in “The Battle of the Sexes.” She founded the Women’s Tennis Association and The Women’s Sports Foundation. She and her husband founded the World Team Tennis together.
- Margaret Court- Court was a former number one best female tennis player. She is only the second woman in history to have won all four Grand Slam single titles in the same year. She won a total of 62 titles in her career. She was born in Australia and retired from tennis in 1977.
- Chris Evert- Evert is an amazing tennis player. She was ranked number one in the world for a total of seven years in her successful career. She was born in Florida in 1954 and she retired in 1989. She has 157 singles titles and 32 doubles titles.
- Steffi Graf- Graf is one of the best female tennis players of all time. She is number four on the list of the most career money made, raking in a total of $21, 891, 306 throughout her career. In 2001, she married fellow tennis player, Andre Agassi.
- Martina Navratilova- In 2006, King said that Martina was “the greatest singles, doubles and mixed doubles player who’s ever lived.” She is worth being on the list of the best tennis player of all time. She has won eighteen Grand Slam singles titles, 31 Grand Slam women's doubles titles, and ten Grand Slam mixed doubles titles.