The 10 best field hockey quotes help the participants of a sport that is marginalized by mainstream culture find inspiration. There is no Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky of field hockey, no Wheaties box, no ESPN coverage. There are only the words of those who came before. And some crass, over-sexualized sayings regarding girls, sticks, balls and skirts.
- “I think one of the things that is going to be difficult to replace is the leadership, knowing what the level of expectations in field hockey is and wanting to make a mark as a team.” – Athlete Patty Shea on the challenges of the game.
- “There is no professional field hockey. So you better be getting your education. Otherwise, it's a waste of time and money.” – This is practical advice on playing collegiate field hockey from athlete Gail Petty.
- “Some of my friends just came back from a field hockey camp, and they told me to try it. We were in my basement playing for hours — I just loved it.” – From Dana Ramsden. This is something of a strange quote (do people really play field hockey in their basements?) that nonetheless alludes to the pure pleasure of playing the sport.
- “Field Hockey players do it for 60 minutes in 11 different positions.” – This field hockey t-shirt slogan, one of the ten best field hockey quotes, makes a fun sexual quip while attesting to the athletic prowess and tactical acumen of the players.
- “We are more than just chicks with sticks. We got balls too!" – This ten best caliber field hockey quote makes practitioners of the sport out to be the transvestites of the sporting world. Don’t know about you, but that makes us want pay more attention.
- “We wear short skirts for easy play.” – Here, here. This is one of the ten best field hockey quotes for sure.
- “I can't be happier to have this facility. It's a beautiful facility, a wonderful field hockey facility.” – Diane Madi gives us one of the ten best field hockey quotes with her description of a lovely facility.
- "Sports with shorts can kiss our kilts." – This field hockey rallying cry, one of the ten best quotes about the sport, shuns athletes who wear shorts. Take that.
- “China bag women's hockey hat-trick” – This newspaper headline from the Times of India is an inspiration to all young Chinese girls who dream of escaping pseudo-communism through field hockey.
- “They also all go to camps today, and play field hockey year round.” – Amy Lesnever, standing in for Captain Obvious.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
Why It’s Still Better to Be Manly Than ‘Nice’
Just trust us. Or better yet, read this story!