If you're looking for the 10 best fighting and adventure movies ever made, look no further than the ten selections here. Action, fighting and adventure has always been a huge staple of entertainment in the movie-making business, leading to a vast plethora of engaging fighting and adventure movies in genres ranging from science fiction to fantasy to straight good old-fashion action. There's laser swords, cannibalistic pirates, nazis, space journeys, medieval tales and more.
- "Raiders of the Lost Ark" The first film that gave birth to the "Indiana Jones" franchise serves as a crash course in action, fighting and adventure on the big screen. There's giant boulders, hidden traps, evil nazis, black magic, a huge tomb full of snakes, a cool fist-fight under a moving plane and an enthralling truck chase.
- "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi" The sixth and final chapter in the "Star Wars" saga is the most epic of them all, culminating in a final battle that consists of three stories taking place at once where lightsabers, space battles and blasters collide.
- "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" The follow-up second film to the "Indiana Jones" series is actually a prequel that is set before "Raiders of the Lost Ark," taking Indy and his new buddies from Beijing to native India where murderous cults, assorted insects, waterfalls, mine carts and many other dangers await them.
- "Willow" Some may refer to it as the medieval version of "Star Wars" itself (although "Star Wars" is based around many medieval themes and such), "Willow" is an underrated although predictable and entertaining fantasy tale that tells the classic hero's journey through dungeons, dragons, swords and magic.
- "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" The second chapter in the lovable original "Star Wars" trilogy continues an adventurous tale with a darker twist in storytelling as it follows the struggle of the Rebellion against the Empire and Luke Skywalker who comes face to face with Vader.
- "Total Recall" Arnold Schwarzenegger and an all-star cast make up this classic and adventurous sci-fi blockbuster of a movie. Schwarzenegger finds himself in the midst of a strange identity crisis while being hunted by an evil corporation. This film spans both Earth and Mars with plenty of fist-fights, shootouts, explosions and more.
- "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" Perhaps the best film incarnation of Robin Hood ever made, "Prince of Thieves" packs an all-star cast led by Kevin Costner, many epic medieval landscapes, lots of arrow-shooting, sword-fighting and a love story to go along with it all.
- "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" The movie that began the one of the biggest movie franchises ever is only the fourth episode in the saga. "A New Hope" is the ultimate adventure film set in space with many mythological underlying themes and characters.
- "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" The third entry into the "Indiana Jones" series takes place after the events of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and follows suit with the previous two films by spanning various exotic locales and packing lots of cool action from boat chases in Venice to a fist-fight atop of a tank in the desert.
- "Cyborg" While the film is a guilty pleasure at best, "Cyborg" is a dark futuristic fighting and adventure film starring Jean-Claude Van Damme as a warrior who must rescue a female cyborg, who happens to be carrying a cure for a virus that has toppled the world from cannibalistic pirates. Plenty of martial arts, chase scenes and dark epic backgrounds.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.