10 Best Fighting Computer Games
Play on with the 10 best fighting computer games. Computer gaming has come a long way since its creation. The graphics and challenges of computer games on the market today have much improved since their predecessors. Fighting games continue to be a top genre.
- “Street Fighter IV” The “Street Fighter” series is known as one of the leaders in the fighting computer games industry. This installment doesn’t disappoint. The characters and the background art are gorgeous. One of the best things about this game is the replay is still challenging and enjoyable for gamers. You’ll need a good internet connection for online play. Also serious gamers will want an arcade stick or game pad because the keyboard controls are slightly awkward.
- “Mortal Kombat 4” The “Mortal Kombat” series is another leader in the fighting computer games industry. This is the series’ first game to use digitized actors to give the game a more realistic feel. Fans of the series will love this game because the storyline and action are a lot like the previous “Mortal Kombat” games. If you’re not a fan this game probably won’t make you one since the main difference are better and more realistic graphics.
- “Virtua Fighter 2” Fighting computer games usually have the best graphics that you can find and “Virtua Fighter 2” is no exception to this. All teen characters in the game are motion-captured for a realistic look. Many parents like this game because while it is heavy on the action, there isn’t a lot of blood. Yes it is a fighting game but it is light on the gore.
- “One Must Fall: Battlegrounds” If you are looking for a game that isn’t the typical fighting computer game then “One Must Fall: Battlegrounds” is the game for you. This game has a free-roaming layout instead of the typical match up fighting. In the game you’re in control of a fighting robot, which again isn’t your typical fighting character.
- “BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger” This Japanese game is in the 2D match fighting computer game format. It offers unique characters, animation, backgrounds and music.
- “Ougon Muson Kvoku” This is another 2D fighting game. It is based off of the visual murder novel series “Umineko No Naku Koro Ni”.
- “Jurassic Park: Dinosaur Battles” While this is an older game it is still a unique fighting computer game. In the game an evil scientist has taken over Jurassic Park and created evil mutant dinosaurs. In the game you have to battle the evil dinosaurs.
- “TMNT: Mutant Melee” Fans of the “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle” series will love this fighting computer game. There are four modes of play that allow the gamer many different fighting challenges.
- “Rag Doll Kung Fu” This is another fighting computer game that offers something different from your typical game. The characters in this game are puppets that the gamer controls by the strings. It is played exclusive with the mouse, which might bother some serious gamers.
- “Determinance” If you’re looking for a fighting computer game that isn’t your standard martial arts, then this game will interest you. This is a sword play fighting game. It allows the gamer to create their own fighting style.