If you’re looking for the ten best fighting games for PC, you’ve come to the right place. Fighting games allow a player to control an on-screen character and engage in one-on-one combat with an opponent.
While most online video stores sell fighting games in various home console formats, locating the same games on PC is more challenging. Here are ten of the best PC fighting games currently available for purchase or download.
- "Street Fighter IV.” The best fighting game for PC is “Street Fighter IV,” a 2009 Capcom game that pits fighters from around the world against each other. It is one of the newest games in the popular “SF” series. A new game retails for about $30.00, or $40.00 for a DVD version.
- “BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.” “BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger” is a new 2010 game from UK-based P Qube. Considered “the ultimate fighting game,” it features two-dimensional aerial combat and exciting goth-anime graphics. Online retailers list this game at around $30.00.
- “Rag Doll Kung Fu.” “Rag Doll Kung Fu” is another popular PC fighting game. A 2006 Merscom release, gamers describe this unusual game as “Kung Fu fighting with string puppets.” Fighting takes place in the gamer’s own unique style. A new copy retails for around $20.00.
- “Guilty Gear X2: Reload.” “Guilty Gear X2: Reload” is a 2008 game from Zoo Digital. Part of a popular fighting franchise–and a favorite among gamers–it revives the fighting tournament, with new characters and moves. Purchase this one online for about $30.00.
- “Exteel.” “Exteel” is a 2007 game from Ncsoft. Exteel combines the best elements of fighting games and shooter games, for a high-speed experience on a futuristic battlefield in a universe of robots. Visit some of the popular online gamer websites or forums for a digital download link.
- “Virtua Fighter 2.” “Virtua Fighter 2” is fan-favorite 2005 Sega game, one of a series of 3-D fighting games introduced in early 1990s video arcades. One or two combatants fight to win two out of three rounds. A new game retails for around $50.00.
- “Zeno Clash.” “Zeno Clash” is a brutal combat game set in a punk fantasy world. In the 2010 Tripwire Interactive release, players fight a variety of monsters with an arsenal of weapons. A new game lists for around $20.00.
- “The Queen of Heart ’99.” “The Queen of Heart ’99” is a 2002 Japanese fighting game developed by Watanabe Seisakujo. It is due to release for PC in North America in September 2010. Visit some of the many online gamer forums for download links and instructions.
- “Dynasty Warriors IV: Hyper.” “Dynasty Warriors IV: Hyper” is a 2005 video game from the Koei Corporation. This definitive game in the “Dynasty Warriors” series introduces a whole new battlefield for PC players, who battle for a Chinese empire. Gamers can purchase a digital download for about $15.00.
- “Mortal Kombat.” “Mortal Kombat” is the fighting game that started it all. And it’s still one of the best. Originally developed for 1990s arcades, Acclaim Entertainment later released them various home console formats. New copies of the original game are hard to find, but one online retailer sells used copies for between $30.00 and $50.00.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.