10 Best Fighting PC Games
Oh, the ten best fighting PC games is easy. Over the years, the PC as well as the console systems have been flooded with fighting games. The problem is, the majority of those fighting PC games borrow from other ones. Most fighting PC games are weak imitations of a few good fighting PC games. So, yeah, this list was easy to compile. It was just a matter of getting rid of the crap. Here are the best fighting PC games.
- "Virtua Fighter." 3D fighters wouldn't exist the way they do today without the grandfather of all 3D fighters. Despite being old, the players move very smoothly. The moves can be connected easily, if you're talented enough to pull them off.
- "Mortal Kombat." You all know this one. The videogame that introduced blood and guts to the masses. This is easily one of the best fighting PC games, as well as console games. Except, of course, for the Super Nintendo because of the substitution of sweat for blood.
- "Mortal Kombat 4." Just face it. The vast majority of "Mortal Kombat" sequels suck. They're downright stupid. However, this installment holds up very well on the PC. It's no original, but it's still a cool game.
- "Street Fighter." Yes, the original 2D fighter still holds a lot of weight. It spawned a few great sequels, but the original fighting PC game is still a real tooth chipper. It's loaded with characters, all with crazy powers. Half the fun is figuring out how to hide each character's weaknesses while exploiting your opponent's faults.
- "Super Street Fighter IV." Of all the "Street Fighter" sequels, this one is by far the best. While still sporting the 2D feel, the colors and graphics are so deep it's like watching a cool animated movie when you play. This is definitely a fighting PC game great.
- "Determinance." The only reason this game makes the list of the best fighting PC games is because of its incredibly unique controls. It's the only fighting game out there where you can actually use the mouse to effectively control your fighter. As you know, most fighters for the PC require a console like controller to function properly.
- "BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger." Weird name, cool fighter. Think Gun-fu and you'll understand. It's an awesome 2D fighter where guns are the weapons of choice. You need to play this one.
- "Dead Or Alive Online." For those of you that are really into fighters, this name should really be ringing bells. If you can remember how awesome the "Dead or Alive "series was, then you can only imagine how freaking cool it'll be to fight people in an online showdown. You won't be leaving the house for a while when this one drops.
- "TMNT: Melee." The "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" have given their names to some seriously garbage games in the past. Well, this one changes a rather questionable videogame history. Imagine choosing your favorite TMNT character and beating the snot out of the next player. Well, here it is.
- "Guilty Gear X2." It's 2D, it looks like a well drawn comic book, and it has a great storyline. Oh, and the characters are just as crazy as the music in the game. It's an awesome game and a great PC fighter.