It’s a great honor to be named among the 10 best Filipino actresses in the Philippine entertainment industry. There may be an infinite number of actresses in the Philippines but nobody can say that all of them can hold a “Best Actress” title. Here are the top ten actresses in the Philippine entertainment industry.
- Vilma Santos She started her acting career at an early age in the 1960s. Even then, the industry found a great talent in her and the Philippines’ "Star for all Seasons" proved her incomparable skills up to her most recent movie “In My Life.” One of the best Filipino Actresses of all time, Vilma also found success in politics as the current Governor of Batangas.
- Sharon Cuneta As the “Megastar of Philippine Entertainment,” she is one of the most awarded actresses of the Philippines. Almost all her movies, if not all, were blockbusters that made her a “Box Office Queen.” Starring in many successful movies and TV shows, Sharon Cuneta-Pangilinan has also become a great endorser for many products and services including McDonald’s, Sun (a telecommunications company) and Selecta Ice Cream.
- Nora Aunor Nora Aunor is the one and only superstar of the Philippine entertainment industry. As a multi-awarded actress, she is the first Filipina who won an international award as an actress in Cairo 1995 for the movie “The Flor Contemplacion Story.” Her acting skills, especially in drama, led her to stardom. As a singer, she also released a bunch of albums that were loved by “Noranians,” her beloved fans.
- Gina Alajar Award-winning actress and director, Gina Alajar has received numerous “Best Supporting Actress” and “Best Actress” awards in the Philippine entertainment industry. Some of the unforgettable films she starred in were “Biktima" ("Victim"), “Brutal” and “Jose Rizal.” Her varied roles in TV, film and theater show her versatility as one of the best Filipino actresses.
- Maricel Soriano Whether in comedy or drama, Maricel is recognized as one of the best Filipino actresses who can act amazingly in both genres. Her flexibility in acting gave her success in various kinds of movies and this made her known as the “Diamond Star” of Philippine Showbiz.
- Hilda Koronel Born as Susan Reid to a Filipina mother and American father, Hilda Koronel is the first Filipino to win a “Best Supporting Actress” award (1970) at the young age of thirteen. She starred in a number of movies directed by Lino Brocka who was one of the best directors of his time.
- Jacklyn Jose Jacklyn Jose starred in several award-winning movies and drama TV series that prove her significant talent in acting. Some of the most popular drama series that show her acting expertise as one of the best Filipino actresses are “Mula Sa Puso” ("From the Heart") in 1997, “Hiram” ("Borrow") in 2004 and the latest “Kung Tayo’y Magkakalayo” ("If We’ll be Apart”) in 2010.
- Lorna Tolentino Known as L.T., she is one of the actresses who gained the most number of awards in the Philippine entertainment industry. Most of her awards were for a “Best Actress” role that her fans admired so much. As one of the TV icons in the Philippines, Lorna T. has also become successful in hosting and producing movies and shows.
- Judy Ann Santos “Juday” or “Judai” started her acting career at a very young age. Currently 32-years-old, Judy Ann Santos is very successful as an actress, recording artist and product endorser. Discovered at the age of eight, she was made even more popular with the drama series “Mara Clara” in the 1980s. She already earned several awards as an actress and she still continues to be adored by Filipinos worldwide for her acting abilities.
- Claudine Barretto-Santiago started her showbiz career in the comedy genre. Although she started in comedy, she has been impressive in dramas ever since. Her sweet beauty and acting talent make her one of the best Filipino actresses that every actor would definitely love to have a movie or project with.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...