West Texas is rich in culture, and impressing your date is simple if you go to dinner at one of the 10 best first date restaurants in El Paso. Aside from traditional Mexican cuisine, you and your date can also feast on Italian and Asian meals in a variety of settings.
- Bella Napoli. Located in West El Paso, Bella Napoli is an affordable Italian eatery. The restaurant has been popular in El Paso since the 1960s. Are you and your date fans of jazz music? If so, you're in luck, because Bella Napoli features live jazz. Bella Napoli: 6331 North Mesa St., El Paso, TX 79912, (915) 584-3321.
Sunny's. Sunny's Sushi Steak and Seafood House is one of those restaurants you might pass if you're not carefully searching for it; nevertheless, it's a good idea to remember its name. The restaurant is found on the Eastside, and the menu offers—you guessed it—Japanese cuisine. Sunny's is casual and romantic, making it perfect for a first date. Sunny's: 8838 Viscount Blvd., El Paso, TX 79925, (915) 594-8367.
- Greenery Restaurant and Market. True to its name, Greenery Restaurant and Market offers you a full menu of healthy and specialty choices, such as the Chilean sea bass. This restaurant is located inside of the Sunland Park Mall on the bottom floor and is a great choice for a first date. Greenery Restaurant: 750 Sunland Park Drive, El Paso, TX 79912, (915) 584-6706.
BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse. BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse boasts a menu of eclectic dishes, such as the avocado egg rolls and fish tacos. If you and your date are beer drinkers, this is a perfect first date choice as the restaurant brews its own beer. BJ's Restaurant: 11905 Gateway Blvd. West, El Paso, TX 79936, (915) 633-8300.
Carlos and Mickey's. Are you in the mood for an authentic El Paso dining experience? Take your date to Carlos and Mickey’s. The restaurant is located in East El Paso and you can enjoy the variety of Mexican food and listen to a live band while you eat. Carlos and Mickey's: 1310 Magruder St., El Paso, TX 79925, (915) 778-3323.
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro. P.F. Chang's is a chain restaurant, but it’s still a great place for a first date. The restaurant is directly in front of Sunland Park Mall, so you can take an after-date stroll if you’d like. If your date isn’t sure about what to order, P.F. Changs offers a dinner complete with appetizers, entrées and desserts for one low price. P.F. Chang's: 760 Sunland Park Drive, El Paso, TX 79912, (915) 845-0166.
- Landry’s Seafood House. You’ll have your choice of steak or seafood if you take your date to Landry’s Seafood House. The price is affordable, the setting is fun and if your date is scheduled early, you just might make happy hour. Landry's: 6801 Gateway Blvd. West, El Paso, TX 79925, (915) 779-2900.
- Café Central. If you know for a fact your date prefers fine dining, head to Café Central for your first date. The restaurant is expensive, but with menu choices like escargot and veal, it will definitely make a positive impression. Café Central: 109 North Oregon St., El Paso, TX 79901, (915) 545-2233.
- State Line. Don’t mind getting a little messy? Take your date to State Line, a barbecue restaurant in West El Paso. The restaurant frequently features live music, and after your meal you can stop by the Sunland Park Casino, which is located less than half a mile away. State Line: 1222 Sunland Park Drive, El Paso, TX 79912, (915) 581-3371.
- Forti’s Mexican Elder Restaurant. Forti’s offers excellent service and an even better menu. What can be better? If you and your date are fans of spicy food that will make you repeatedly empty your drink, Forti’s Mexican Elder Restaurant is the place for you. Forti’s: 321 Chelsea St., El Paso, TX 79905, (915) 772-0066.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …