So, you're planning a first date in Kansas City and, believe it or not, your date doesn't think BBQ is all that romantic—luckily, we've got your back with the ten best first-date restaurants in Kansas City.
- The Webster House. Want something that says you've got class? The Webster House has a unique fine dining experience in an intimate romantic atmosphere. Top-notch food is accompanied by a decidedly old-school cocktail menu, and you can even shop upscale antiques while you wait for your table.
- Justus Drugstore. If you don't mind driving out to Smithville, Justus Drugstore is a truly unique experience. They cure their own meat, they make their own breads and cheeses, and their magnificent mushroom soup was named one of 2008's best dishes by "Food and Wine Magazine." If fresh homemade gourmet food isn't enough for you, Justus Drugstore also sports one of the city's most original bars, where cocktails are made with homemade liqueurs.
- The Drop. If your date likes bruschetta, this is the place for you, because it is their specialty. You can make your choice from a diverse menu of modern bistro fare, and, if you head up to the bar, you can try a few of their famous edible shots.
- Blanc: burgers + bottles. If you're looking for something a little more casual, try Blanc. This super-trendy burger joint offers hand-packed gourmet hamburgers and a selection of more than 200 beers.
- McCormick and Schmick's. For a seafood fix, check out McCormick and Schmick's. They offer a variety of fish that are flown in fresh every day, and, for dessert, you can indulge in one of Kansas City's finest desserts: the Chocolate Bag.
- The Drum Room. If you're looking for a quiet, intimate experience, The Drum Room, is a great place to go. Located in the lower level of the Hilton, this fine-dining restaurant boasts a ritzy locale, unique seating, and, on the weekends, live jazz.
- Aixois. Located in beautiful Brookside, this French bistro sports a tasty ever-changing menu and a full-service coffee bar. The escargot is divine.
- BD's Mongolian BBQ. Whether your date is a hardcore carnivore or a devout vegetarian, there's something for everyone at BD's. So, take your date, load your plate, and watch in awe as your food is tossed around on a giant grill.
- Christopher Elbow. While it may not technically be a restaurant, Christopher Elbow is a sure-fire winner on any first date. This chocolatier offers a robust selection of high-quality exotic chocolates, as well as handmade hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows.
- Stix. One of the premier restaurants of the Legends Shopping Center, Stix is a great place for a fun first date. Your date will love watching their food being cooked by a classically-trained Japanese chef, and if you're still hungry, you can choose from a variety of fresh sushi.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …