The 10 Best First Date Restaurants in Long Beach, California are not all about fine dining and spectacle. Some of these restaurants are filled with romantic ambiance, but others are just fun. First dates are hard, and finding that perfect restaurant can be intimating. This list of the top picks in Long Beach serves as a guide to assist in the decision making process. Pick a destination that will cater to both of your interests, after all you don’t want to be stuck in a boring location with nothing to talk about.
- Holé Molé, 421 Obispo Ave. and 5901 Pacific Coast Highway – This quaint restaurant has some of the best fish tacos in southern California, and offers two convenient locations in Long Beach. The prices are also extremely affordable, as the two of you could gorge yourself on tacos, carnitas, and complimentary grilled peppers for under 20 bucks. The atmosphere is fun and low key. This is the perfect spot for the no-pressure first date of two people who genuinely want to get to know each other.
- Sir Winston's Aboard The Queen Mary, 1126 Queens Hwy, The Queen Mary – This restaurant is famous for great service and an incredible five-course feast. Located aboard on of the most luxurious cruising vessels to ever sail the seas, this romantic spot is bit pricey, but you and your lady won't have a shortage of things to talk about in this unique location. Head to the observation deck for drinks after dinner if they date is going well.
- Gladstone's, 330 Pine Avenue – Great food, great service, and a great atmosphere await you. The prices are more than fair for the fresh and mouthwatering meals. As an added bonus, there are a few menu items that come with a free admission pass to The Aquarium of The Pacific. This is the perfect way to secure a second date, and as the meals cost around $30, that means your getting into the aquarium for a little over $5 a piece. An absolute steal.
- The Sky Room, 40 South Locust Avenueat Ocean Blvd – Voted one of the most romantic restaurants in North America, The Sky Room boasts a 360 degree view of Long Beach Harbor. Though this fine dining establishment can be a little expensive, this is the perfect location for your first date with that woman that really matters.
- King's Fish House, 100 West Broadway – This New Orleans themed spot is reasonably priced, and the atmosphere is wonderful, with live jazz and delightfully fresh oysters.
- The Reef, 880 South Harbor Scenic Drive – This first date restaurant is nestled along the harbor, next to the Queen Mary. The view of the Long Beach Skyline is outstanding, especially in the evening. The Reef also has an amazing “sunset special,” featuring a wide variety of menu items priced at $16.95 and available all week from 4pm to 6pm.
- 555 East American Steakhouse, 555 E Ocean Blvd – With dark wood and leather furnishings, 555 East is reminiscent of an old time gentleman’s club, but with great service and mouthwatering steak, this is an ideal first date spot. The table-side Caesar salad is one of the best around; their garlic mashed potatoes are perfect. Just watch your wallet, as this is one of the more expensive locations on our list.
- Kinokawa Japanese Restaurant, 1611 E Wardlow Rd. – Secluded and authentic, you will feel like you are taking a vacation to Japan when you visit this affordable sushi spot. This is the perfect location for an afternoon date, and with more than enough food to stuff you both, the inexpensive prices seem like a steal.
- La Creperie Café, 4911 E 2nd St. – This is the best location in Long Beach for an early afternoon first date. Their brunch is outstanding, and the biggest worry here is that you don’t lose tract of how many mimosas you’ve downed. With live music, this spot is also great in the evenings.
- McKenna's On the Bay, 190 N Marina Dr. – A scrumptious waterfront location featuring live entertainment Thursdays through Sundays. Romantic and stylish, McKenna’s is the kind of restaurant that makes New Englanders yearn for home.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.