On a date (as in life) you only have one chance at a first impression, so you better make a good one! Before planning your date, check out the 10 best first date restaurants in NYC. Good luck!
- Vintage. Its low lighting, abundance of candles and fantastic music make this one of the best first date restaurants. This little neighborhood staple boasts the largest martini list in New York, so be prepared to order a drink or two to get the full experience. Being right in the middle of all the Broadway theatres this restaurant/bar is a very popular post theatre hang out, so if you want a quiet date make sure you’re in and out before 10 p.m.! 753 9th Ave, New York, NY 10019. (212) 581-4655
- Sea Grill. Overlooking the famed Rockefeller Center ice skating rink, this seafood restaurant offers one of the most romantic views for your date. Newly renovated and a menu of simple and fresh dishes make this restaurant one of the most popular and best first date restaurants. Warning, make your reservations early, there book fills up fast!19 W 49th St, New York, NY10020. (212) 332-7610
- Gramercy Tavern. From restaurateur Danny Meyer, this is easily one of the best places for a perfect meal in New York. Gramercy Tavern offers contemporary America cuisine served in a historic landmark building. The food is always perfect and will be sure to impress your date. 42 E 20th St, New York, NY 10003. (212) 477-0777
- Rue 57. Not sure what your date will like? Rue 57 is the place for you, the décor is Parisian and cushy and the menu is overwhelmingly varied. Here you will find French, New American, and Sushi cuisine to suit anyone. 60 W 57th St, New York, NY10019. (212) 307-5656
- Asia de Cuba. Sleek and modern, this Asian/Cuban fusion restaurant is for you if you’re looking for something hip and polished. Nothing breaks the ice like having to share food, and that’s what you’ll find here, where each dish serves at least two people allowing you to pick off of a few plates. The lounge over looking the restaurant is a great place to start off with drinks, making this a great first date place. 237 Madison Ave, New York, NY10016. (212) 726-7755
- Asiate. Located on the 35th floor of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, this restaurant offers spectacular views of Central Park and the Manhattan sky line. The menu is a nice mix of Asian and French food, and if you’d like to make your date a brunch date (a very New York thing to do) they offer a delicious brunch. 80 Columbus Circle 35th Fl, New York, NY10023. (212) 805-8881
- ViceVersa. Italian food in a centrally located Midtown address, ViceVersa is a great first date restaurant if you’d like to go more classic. This restaurant offers a warmly lit dining room, a lovely back porch for when its warm out, and classic Italian food with beautiful presentation. 325 W 51st St, New York, NY10019. (212) 399-9291
- Aureole. Aureole is classic New York. Serving only farm food over factory food, Aureole is committed to locally grown and sustainable food. Food with a conscience, served in a sleek and hip dining room right next to the beautiful Bryant Park make this a first date favorite. 135 W 42nd St, One Bryant Park, New York, NY 10036. (212) 319-1660
- Nook. Featuring an eclectic and international menu, Nook really is a “nook”! Very popular and very small, reservations are highly recommended to ensure you can get in and out without a wait. Because of its small size the restaurant is very intimate, making it a perfect place for a first date. Another of its best features? BYOB! 746 9th Ave, New York, NY10019. (212) 247-5500
- Pastis. Located in the ultra hip Meatpacking District, Pastis is a New York staple and easily one of the most popular restaurants in town. A French Bistro style restaurant, Pastis offers authentic southern French food and an impressive wine list and is sure to impress on a first date! 9 9th Ave, New York, NY10014. (212) 929-4844
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.