The 10 best first date restaurants are as unique as you and your date. The ambiance and cuisine combine to form a stage for your romantic evening. And the best first date restaurants in Portland, Oregon, offer a rich array of alluring choices.
- Heathman. With its timeless elegance, this award-winning best first date restaurant offers enticing, French haute cuisine followed by drinks at the Tea Court, beside the marble fireplace, where live jazz is played. And if romance spread its wings, there are even hotel rooms above to turn a feast into a lover’s dream. This best first date restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 1001 S.W. Broadway at Salmon. Reservations: (800) 551-0011.
- Saucebox. Sophisticated, elegant and sexy, this best first date restaurant is open evenings only in downtown Portland. Offering seductive Pan-Asian cuisine and scintillating cocktails you have never seen before, this unique spot has become renowned for its finest fare and classy ambiance. This best first date restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 214 S.W. Broadway. Reservations: (503) 241-3393.
El Gaucho. For a dinner feast prepared like a play on stage, El Gaucho is an unforgettable first date restaurant. To the sound of live Latin guitar, you and your date will be treated like royal guests as your night’s delicacies are prepared by the open charcoal grill. The ambiance, the music, the dancing flames will fill your first date with seduction and elegance. This best first date restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 319 S.W. Broadway. Reservations: (503) 227-8794.
- Wildwood. For food lovers, celebrity chef and owner Cory Schreiber casts a culinary spell like no other. In a casual yet refined setting, enjoy the abundance of the Northwest with a menu that changes weekly to incorporate the splendors of Oregon and Washington’s rich farmlands. This best first date restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 1221 N.W. 21st Ave. Reservations: (503) 248-9663.
Salty’s. For a waterfront feast, with award-winning seafood fare, this best first date restaurant offers a causal, memorable setting. Enjoy the sunset over the waters as you eat on the open deck, or inside on breezy nights. Then stroll down to the marina for a romantic conclusion to your date. This best first date restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 3839 N.E. Marine Dr. Reservations: (503) 288-4444.
Brazil Grill. Offering an all-you-can-eat feast, this delightful best first date restaurant offers a chance to laugh and sample Brazilian grilled treats at a slow pace. And when you become so full that you can’t eat another bite, laugh again at the prospect of the waiter coming over with yet another tray of steaming fare. For a unique dining experience, this best first date restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 1201 S.W. 12th Ave. Reservations: (503) 222-0002.
Castagna. Stylish, elegant and cozy, this best first date restaurant offers the best of Provence and Tuscany in a romantic setting. Savor the French Italian cuisine as you sip wine by candlelight in a refined yet casual ambiance ideal for talking, laughing and sharing an unforgettable evening. This best first date restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 1752 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd. Reservations: (503) 231-7373.
- Equinox. Span the globe in this eclectic restaurant featuring organic produce and meat prepared to perfection. The industrial eating hall, lit by candlelight and dim illumination, offers the perfect setting for a casual yet romantic date. This best first date restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 830 N. Shaver. Reservations: (503) 460-3333.
Huber’s. Portland’s oldest restaurant offers up tradition and exquisite fare in a casual yet timeless setting. Experience your first date in a historical landmark, sampling the famed “turkey cuisine” that has been served since 1879. This best first date restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 411 S.W. 3rd Ave. Reservations: (503) 228-5686.
- Il Piatto. Romantic yet casual, this best first date restaurant will envelope you and your date in Italian charm. Eat by the sunset in summer and spring, or curl in the warmth of the darkly-lit interior on chilly nights. This affordable, yet unique, best first date restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 2348 SE Ankeny St. Reservations: (503) 236-4997.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …