Whether visiting Washington, D.C., or residing there permanently, you will likely want to know the 10 best first date restaurants Washington, D.C. can offer you. The best first date restaurant can make any date spectacular, increasing your chances of building a wonderful relationship. Just remember, the restaurant can’t do it all!
- Mendocino Grille & Wine Bar. With a great menu that changes often to allow for versatility throughout the seasons, this elegantly placed restaurant is the number one best first date restaurant in Washington, D.C. It offers the best dining for sharing quiet and intimate first date conversations. Mendocino Grille & Wine Bar: 2917 M St. NW, Washington, DC 20007.
- Zaytinya. If you or your date is a fan of Greek, Turkish and Mediterranean dishes, this is the best place to meet for a great first date. Making it on the list of best first date restaurants of Washington, D.C., this restaurant offers elegant dining with plate sharing for the most intimate of first dates. Zaytinya: 701 9th St. NW, Washington, DC 20001.
- Komi. Another great Greek/Mediterranean restaurant, this is one of the best first date restaurants of Washington, D.C., because it gives you the ability to offer your date the best without paying too much. There are amazing plates that can flatter and impress any date. Komi: 1509 17th St. NW, Washington, DC 20036.
- Obelisk. Italian dishes always have the ability to entice any date into greatness. With an elegant decor and dishes you only see top chefs create, this restaurant will help you woo that perfect first date, leading Obelisk right to the top of the list of best first date restaurants of Washington, D.C. Obelisk: 2029 P St. NW, Washington, DC 20036.
- Proof Restaurant. For a more modern American dining experience, Proof is right at the top of the list of best first date restaurants of Washington, D.C. The setting is quite wonderful, with delectable tastes offered in every meal. Proof Restaurant: 775 G St. NW, Washington, DC 20001.
- 1789. For traditional American dining, this is the perfect location. This restaurant offers a comfortable setting, wonderful food and the perfect setting for that first date gab. This restaurant is one of the best first date restaurants as it offers a unique experience that is sure to impress your date. 1789: 1226 36th St. NW, Washington, DC 20007.
- Etete. Sometimes the best first date involves a new and unique place your date has never been too. This restaurant offers delicious Ethiopian dishes and a beautifully decorated setting with a large upstairs seating option that provides great privacy for the best first date. Etete: 1942 9th St. NW, Washington, DC 20001.
- Michel Richard Citronelle. This restaurant is not low on the list of top 10 best first date restaurants for failure to please, it is just that all restaurants can’t be at the top. This restaurant features beautiful decoration for both the restaurant and the dishes, as well as delicious meals and a quiet atmosphere for getting the most out of a first date in D.C. Michel Richard Citronelle: 3000 M St. NW, Washington, DC 20007.
- Jaleo. Offering great Spanish cuisine and Tapas bars, you can enjoy Jaleo during your first date as it offers wonderfully seasoned meals with a truly romantic setting and feeling about the restaurant. The great price accompanying the great dishes makes this restaurant one of the best first date restaurants in Washington, D.C. Jaleo: 480 7th St. NW, Washington, DC 20004.
- Bistrot Du Coin. You already knew a French restaurant would make its way onto the list of the best first date restaurants of Washington, D.C., and this one fits the bill. With deliciously delivered meals and an ambiance that is quite extraordinary, this is one of the most romantic spots for a special date. This restaurant can get a bit noisy, making it the best place to get past that awkward dinner conversation and onto the enjoyment of the date. Bistrot Du Coin: 1738 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20009.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …