These ten best fishing games for PC are the most popular computer games sold by the major online bookstores. Virtual fishermen cast their lines in freshwater lakes or head to the high seas for some deep sea fishing. With a variety of skill levels and price ranges, this list has something for everyone.
- "Rapala Pro Fishing." "Rapala Pro Fishing," a 2004 game from Activision, swims ahead of the other PC fishing games in popularity and appeal. Virtual anglers enter tournaments for competition and rewards, or simply enjoy a laid-back day on the lake. Featuring Finland’s popular Rapala brand of gear, a new game is available online for about $20.00.
- "Bass Pro Shop: The Strike." "Bass Pro Shop: The Strike" is another favorite. In this 2009 release from Piranha Games, players cast their lines in ten North American lakes. The game includes boat racing and casting challenges. Players can purchase this game new for about $18.00.
- "In-Fisherman: Freshwater Trophies." A 2004 release from 2K Games, "In-Fisherman: Freshwater Trophies" presents 30 species of freshwater fish in ten North American lakes. The game features Minnesota-based In-Fisherman branded equipment, lures, and bait. A new game retails for around $19.00.
- "Virtual Deep Sea Fishing." "Virtual Deep Sea Fishing" is another best-selling fishing simulation. Introduced by Interplay Productions in 1999, it is still a top seller among PC fishing games. Players visit famous saltwater spots in the United States, Australia, and seven other locations around the globe. The game features a variety of saltwater fish, including marlin, shark, swordfish, and mahi mahi. The most expensive item on this list, a new game retails for around $80.00.
- "Fishing Craze." "Fishing Craze" is an action fishing game for the whole family. Kids will enjoy the easy, casual play with fun, cartoon-inspired characters. This 2009 game from Topics Entertainment features various tournament styles and progressive circuits. Parents can find this game online, new, for $30.00 or less.
- "Matt Hayes’ Fishing Game." Another great PC game is the "Matt Hayes’ Fishing Game." This 2004 level-based game from British publisher Sold-Out Software will challenge beginners as well as seasoned anglers. A new game is available online for about $15.00.
- "Deep Sea Challenge." A 1998 release from Expert Software, "Deep Sea Challenge" is the oldest game on the list. Head for the high seas with this saltwater fishing game for PC. A new copy of this game costs about $15.00.?
- "Bass Pro Shop: Trophy Bass 2007." With "Bass Pro Shop: Trophy Bass 2007," heading to the lake for a day of fishing is easy. Players explore thirteen different lakes as they fish for bass, northern pike, and walleye. Released by Vivendi Universal, this game costs about $40.00 for a new copy.
- "Championship Bass." "Championship Bass" is a PC fishing game from EA Sports, released in 2000. Players can explore rich underwater environments as they compete in tournaments or just hit popular fishing spots in six North American Lakes. This still-popular fishing game retails online for around $40.00.
- "Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm." The last of the ten best fishing games for PC is "Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm." Released by Greenwave in 2008, the game takes place in the icy waters of the Bering Sea. Players compete to catch the most crabs in this strategy game based on the Discovery Channel TV series. The game can be ordered online for about $30.00.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.