10 Best Florida Resorts
Where are the 10 best Florida resorts located? The answer is that luxurious resorts can be found all over the Sunshine State, from the panhandle to southern Florida. If working hard all year has you craving sand, sun and surf, you can find it in abundance in Florida. To help you plan your next vacation, here is a compilation of the ten best Florida resorts.
- The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island. The first of the ten best Florida resorts is the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island. This picturesque resort is located in northwest Florida. Partake in golf, tennis or fine dining, and don’t forget to check out the Massage and Fitness Center. 4750 Amelia Island Parkway, Amelia Island, FL 32034. 1-800-241-3333.
- The Breakers Hotel. Golf, scuba and kayaking are just a few of the main attractions of this Florida resort. Or, if you aren’t already a golfer, the Todd Anderson Golf Academy can provide lessons. One South County Road, Palm Beach, FL 33480. 1-888-BREAKERS.
- One Ocean Resort. Third on the list of the ten best Florida resorts is One Ocean Resort in Atlantic Beach, Florida. This newer resort offers ocean views, gourmet meals, a lavish spa and upscale boutiques. One Ocean Boulevard, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233. 904-249-7402.
- Ginn Hammock Beach Resort. If watching wildlife appeals to you, here is your getaway opportunity. Found on the northeast Florida coast, the area surrounding Ginn Hammock Beach Resort is home to eagles, herons, dolphins and pelicans, to name just a few. Resort accommodations include spa bathtubs and waterfront views. 200 Ocean Crest Drive, Palm Coast, FL 32137. 1-800-654-6538.
Doral Golf Resort and Spa. The next of the ten best Florida resorts is Doral Golf Resort and Spa in Miami. For reservations, call 1-800-71-DORAL. The address is 4400 NW 87th Avenue, Doral, FL 33178. If you are looking for nightlife and a party atmosphere, you will find it here. The all-night clubs South Beach are located nearby. Arranged resort activities include fishing and sailing. Or opt for a day at the spa for facial and body treatments.
- Boca Raton Resort. This full-service resort in south Palm Beach County has its own private beach, 30 tennis courts and a marina. Boat rentals and cruises are available at this swanky establishment. A health spa and fine dining are some of the amenities. 501 E. Camino Real, Boca Raton, FL 33431-0825. 1-888-491-BOCA.
The Turnberry Island Resort and Club. Experience the private ocean club,shops and three-mile jogging path at this magnificent resort. Rooms and suites with marble bathrooms and whirlpool tubs await you. 19999 West Country Club Drive, Aventura, FL 33180. 305-932-6200.
- Naples Grande Resort and Club. For those who love the water, a 100-foot water slide is one of the attractions here. Spend sunny days windsurfing or sailing, and visit the health club’s sauna and steam room. It’s easy to see why this is one of the ten best Florida resorts. 475 Seagate Drive, Naples, FL 34103. 239-597-3232.
- The Ritz-Carlton Naples. From your balcony, you will have gorgeous views of the beach and the Gulf. Want to curl up on the beach with a good book? The library in the Club Lounge has more than 700 volumes for you. 280 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples, FL 34108. 1-800-241-3333.
Sanibel Harbour Resort and Spa. The last on the list of the ten best Florida resorts is Sanibel Harbour Resort and Spa in Fort Myers. For family vacations, book a waterfront condo equipped with a washer, dryer and kitchen. Take advantage of yoga and aerobics classes at the spa. 17260 Harbour Pointe Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33908. 1-800-767-7777.