10 Best Foodie Gifts
When it comes to the ten best foodie gifts, there are many options to choose from. Some people would prefer to get kitchen gadgets while others would welcome food itself. Depending on if your buying for a cook or someone who just loves food, there are some popular foodie gifts to choose from. They range from food baskets for the grilling expert to a bread machine for those who love to bake. The list below outlines the 10 best foodie gifts that are trendy and hot right now.
- The chef’s knife is probably one the most popular foodie gifts, and there are many to choose from. There are many different types and styles and depending on the foodie you are buying for, you will have to gauge from them what type of knife to purchase. They range from $20 to $150 depending on the chef. They can be purchased separately or in a set for the serious chef.
- The Cuisinart DLC-7 food processor is another great foodie gift that is durable and an essential kitchen gadget for any foodie expert. It goes for approximately $100 depending on where you purchase it, and it has excellent review ratings.
- Shipping foods from your friend’s favorite locations is an unexpected surprise. If your friends are from New York, you may want to order them New York pizzas online or Gianelli sausages, which are popular food fare. Your recipients will be surprised and delighted to enjoy something they have been missing from home.
- A bread machine and cutting board are key items to serious bakers. The cutting board can be homemade and the bread machine will get a lot of use. These can be purchased from $75 to $250 dollars new, and they make a fantastic gift at the holidays.
- For new foodies, consider purchasing a food processor to introduce them to more creative cooking. They are great for making hummus, salsas and certain dips. Provide a food-processing cookbook along with the machine to complete the gift. Don’t assume everyone knows how to cook with one.
- A margarita maker is great for foodies that entertain. Although these are a little more expensive, if you have someone who likes to throw parties, it’s definitely worth it. There are some great deals online, and you can have it shipped directly to their house.
- A grilling food basket is ideal for those foodies that just can’t stay away from the BBQ. They typically contain gourmet sauces, meat rubs and seasonings. These can be expensive and range from $30 to $200 dollars depending on your budget.
- If you have a wine connoisseur in your family, they will certainly enjoy a basket filled with red or white wines. They are usually accompanied by cheese, meat and crackers. Although these are on the expensive side and can cost up to $300, they are a trendy gift right now.
- For a personal touch, get a hold of old family recipes and create a recipe book of favorites. This is especially nice for family members that have relatives who have passed away. It is a way to keep family memories and traditions alive and in the family.
- An updated coffee maker is always a good gift, especially for friends who entertain. Cuisinart has a few makers out that are very friendly when it comes to entertaining. Simply put your cup under the spout and press the handle.
These are just 10 of the best foodie gifts, but look to the person who you are buying for to give you inspiration. Take their food interests into consideration and look for something that will entice their cooking goals as well as something that they will find very personal. There is a little foodie in all of us, and these are some of the trendiest gifts on the market to choose from.