The ten best football pump up songs hath charms to bring out your savage beast, which comes in mighty handy for that opening kickoff. So if you need a lift before the big game, add this list of best football pump up songs to your iPod immediately:
- "Bulls on Parade," Rage Against the Machine: Rally 'round the family with a pocketful of shells! While this may not be allowed on the gridiron, the slamming guitar rifts from RATM's classic anthem is enough to get your blood racing and your thoughts unholy. Just the kind of arsenal you need to smack heads.
- "Eye of the Tiger," Survivor: It may be old, and have originated from a boxing film (see "Rocky III"), but this is yet another tune heavy on guitar rock and light on the sissy.
- "Burning Heart," Survivor: Boasting a Cold War theme that fits nicely with "Rocky IV," and its conflict between Rocky Balboa and Ivan Drago, this song still has nice crescendos and motivational lyrics that serve you well on the football field.
- "The Pretender," Foo Fighters: When the rocking starts on this tune from everyone's favorite fighters of Foo, you will need to grab something you can hang on to. It's a wild ride like a blind side hit from a linebacker built like a 747.
- "Lit Up," Buckcherry: Coarsing energy and powerhouse vocals are the highlight of this track from Buckcherry's self-titled album.
- "Enter Sandman," Metallica: A classic piece of haunting and nightmarish guitar rock, this one is a long-time staple of the best football pump up songs.
"Lose Yourself," Eminem: Everyone loves an underdog, and Eminem's oddly motivational lyrics fit nicely with his angry rapper mentality. It's a nice blend for the gridiron that will make you believe you can do anything, with or without pads!
"Headstrong," Linkin Park: Competition and screaming vocals have never sounded as good as they do in this classic from alt-rockers Linkin Park. A perfect anthem for zeroing in on some hapless running back, it's no wonder "Headstrong" remains high on the list of best football pump up songs.
- "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap," AC/DC: The Australian rock legends recorded this with original lead singer, the late Bon Scott, and it has since reigned supreme as one of the best football pump up songs of all time. Chronicling the services of a hit man, it's an easy connection to make when laying a hit on the field.
- "Down with the Sickness," Disturbed: Because you have to be a little sick to embrace the violence of football with no apologies, Distrubed's "Down with the Sickness" scores a spot on this list of best football pump up songs for its infectious repetitions and ornery lyrics.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.