10 Best Forgiveness Songs
Are you looking for the 10 best forgiveness songs of all time? Here they are. Maybe you are looking for forgiveness. Perhaps you're trying to convince yourself to forgive your mother for sending you off to school in that clown suit and flippers. Whatever your reason, you are sure to find hope in the following songs.
- "Forgiveness" by Sarah McLachlan - Sarah wrote a rather scathing song about getting hurt. It's full of blame and reprimand and perfect for those who really have an axe to grind.
- "Sorry" by Madonna - This song is a paraphrase of "Forgiveness", but a little more mean.
- "To Forgive" by Al Denson - OK. OK. The previous songs are about NOT forgiving. This one's different. Al Denson assures all of us that we can forgive one another just as Jesus did.
- "The Heart of the Matter" by Don Henley - In this cruel world of woes and competition, everyone needs a little forgiveness. This is true even when you find out your love is with someone else.
- "Dyers Eve" by Metallica - This one seems to fit the bill of a forgiveness song. The song is written like an angry letter to the narrator's parents, then it becomes sweet, loving and forgiving by the end of the song.
- "Forgiveness" by Patty Griffin - A song about Jesus perhaps? Not too sure, but the message is great: Everyone needs forgiveness.
- "Wings of Forgiveness" by India Arie - "I'm pissed off and I still love you" is the underlying message here. How sweet.
- "Forgiveness" by Luna Halo - Hey, another one called "Forgiveness". Whaddya know? Luna just could not believe that he could forgive her so easily. She's in love.
- "Forgiveness Song" by Walkabouts - This song is a bit more cryptic than the others. With luck, you'll figure out what it means. Don't get me wrong. It's still a great forgiveness song.
- "Feather of Forgiveness" by Polvo - Resentment followed by repeated offerings of forgiveness. It may be typical, but it's still one of the best forgiveness songs of all time.