If you're looking for a good dose of unexpected nostalgia, look no further than these 10 best forgotten songs of the 90's. From Lisa Loeb to Jamiroquai, these forgotten songs of the 90's are sure to bring back some great memories.
- "Stay" by Lisa Loeb. This sweet, folksy song jump-started the 90's Sad Girls With Guitars phenomenon. This Lisa Loeb hit seems to have been forgotten since the 90's, but it's sure to be remembered within the first few notes.
- "Here is Gone" by The Goo Goo Dolls. Most known for their 90's hit "Iris," The Goo Goo Dolls sure haven't been forgotten. However, "Here is Gone" seems to be gone itself. This forgotten song of the 90's is definitely one of the best songs of the era.
- "Everlong" by Foo Fighters. Whether you're rocking out to the original version or taking it easy with the acoustic version, "Everlong" is a great forgotten song of the 90's that's sure to bring you back some great memories.
- "Champagne Supernova" by Oasis. While Oasis' "Wonderwall" is still one of the most frequently played songs for guitarists, "Champagne Supernova" seems to have been forgotten with so many other hits of the 90's. With its pretty melody and lyrics, "Champagne Supernova" is definitely one of the best forgotten songs of the 90's.
- "Say Yes" by Elliott Smith. In the wake of Elliott Smith's unfortunate death, his lasting hit seems to be "Needle in the Hay". However, "Say Yes" is one of the prettiest and sweetest of his songs, making it one of the best songs of the 90's, let alone of the best forgotten songs of the 90's.
- "Virtual Insanity" by Jamiroquai. Who could forget this song's funk beat and crazy music video? Apparently, most people. If you bring up Jamiroquai in conversation, people usually won't remember the name until you sing a few measures from "Virtual Insanity." But once you do, people are sure to rave about how much they love it.
- "Around the World" by Daft Punk. With their song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" recently being sampled by Kanye West, people seem to have forgotten Daft Punk's "Around the World", which really set their fame into motion. This house techno classic is a great forgotten song of the 90's, and worth listening to again.
- "Waterfalls" by TLC. TLC was hugely influential in the R&B Girls movement of the 90's, and "Waterfalls" is often overlooked when remembering them. This slow jam is unfortunately forgotten, but still great.
- "Rosa Parks" by Outkast. "Rosa Parks" is probably one of the catchiest songs of the 90's, which makes it so strange that it's been widely forgotten in the 2000's. The next time you listen to "Hey Ya", take a look back at "Rosa Parks" and remember what made Outkast in the 90's so great.
- "Steal My Sunshine" by Len. "Steal My Sunshine" is probably the best example of having a song stuck in your head but having no idea what the song is. However, once you look up this one-hit-wonder by Len, you'll be sure to have it in your head for days. One of the catchiest melodies of the 90's, "Steal My Sunshine" is definitely one of the ten best forgotten songs of the 90's.
What inspires the world's best culinary artists? For NYC chef and entrepreneur Dale Talde, it's hip-hop. Check out Talde ...
Former Top Chef contestant Kenny Gilbert is the next subject of our Chef Rock series, a look at the music that influence ...
Nearly all Spanish songs have one thing in common.