10 Best Free Apps For Iphone
If you don’t have at least one of the 10 best free apps for iPhone, luckily it’s fast and easy to download them on your iPhone. Surprisingly, some of the most useful apps for iPhone are also free.
- Facebook. Being able to easily access your Facebook profile on your iPhone means you are in touch with friends wherever you are. No more marathon Facebook sessions in front of your laptop to catch up on news from your family and friends.
- Skype. This is one of the essential apps for iPhone. With this app you can make free calls in the United States and cheap international calls. The app is easy to use and an account can be set up quickly.
- Evernote. This app lets you store pictures, notes, documents and more. You can also scan notes you have using the tags. All of this is synced with your online Evernote account. So if you create a note on your laptop in Evernote you will have access to it on your iPhone.
- Shazam. Finally an app that ends the age old question, “What’s the name of that song?” You simply hold your iPhone up to the source of the music and it will tell you what song is playing – amazing.
- Bump. This app defies logic but it works. You can select contacts you want to share with another iPhone and simply bump them together. Now they, unbelievably, have those contacts on their iPhone. You can send pictures and your own contact information too.
- Dragon Dictation. Sending a text or email without typing them out seems problematic. But with this app you just press the red button, speak into the iPhone and it will type out your dictation and email or text it to someone on your list of contacts.
- ESPN ScoreCenter. Never miss another score or the stats. Set up your favorite teams and get up-to-the-minute updates, alerts when a game is about to begin or even when a team scores. You can also read the latest sports news from ESPN. If you are a sports nut then this is one of the best apps for the iPhone to download.
- Google Earth. Take a break from your humdrum life and climb a mountain or check out a foreign city. Photos tagged by location let you explore the world right from your iPhone. This is definitely more fun than Google maps.
- Pandora Radio. This is one of the coolest apps for the iPhone for music lovers. It’s like having your own personalized radio station right on your iPhone. What makes it even cooler is that it learns what you like from your selections and introduces you to new artists you are likely to appreciate.
- ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner. This app tackles the frustration of not being sure you are getting a good deal while shopping. Now you can simply take a picture of the barcode with the camera on your iPhone. The app will find prices for the same item online and at stores. So you can be assured you got a great deal or choose to buy elsewhere.
Posted on: Oct. 14, 2010