10 Best Free Palm Apps
Now that you have your new Palm, this article will help you get the 10 best free apps for your Palm. Modern phones can be customized so that each user can maximize the useful features in their phone. Although the Palm doesn't have as many apps available as other phones, these ten apps are the best free ones to help you enjoy your phone.
- Urban Spoon. This app helps you find restaurants, wherever you are. It lets you search by type of food, or cost. It can help you find everything from the nearest coffee shop to a Brazilian steak house. The interface is fun to use too!
- My DataBank. This app lets users keep track of whatever info they need to keep track of. It doesn't matter if it's a study guide for a test, or your family's birthdays. You can also access your info online from your computer.
- CNN. If you're a news junkie, you need to add CNN to your Palm so you can constantly get updates on the news going on worldwide. With reporters around the world, CNN delivers the highlights in easy to read nuggets that are maximized for the mobile platform.
- Google Calendar. This allows you to synchronize your Google Calendar with your Palm phone. This way you will always be able to track your appointments easily and seamlessly.
- LinkedIn. This app streamlines LinkedIn to a functional mobile version that allows you to keep up with your contacts and what they're doing while you're on the go.
- Banking. If you do your banking with a major bank, they all have free applications for mobile banking. Sadly, some smaller credit unions do not support these features, but all major banks do, and they are secure. You can transfer money and check your balances on the go.
- TweeFree. This app helps you get the most out of your Twitter account while you're on your Palm. You can set up a color coding systems so that you see the tweets that you're most interested in, and ignore others.
- Flixster. For movie fans, this app is crucial. It helps you find the nearest theaters to watch a movie, and tells you show times and other needed info and you can buy tickets. What separates this from other similar apps is that it also connects to a database of existing movies, so you can search for all Kevin Bacon movies!
- Bing. This search engine app is maximized for online use. It also adapts to the user and recalls your most recent searches.
- Softerra Time Assistant. This app is great for Palm users who need to keep track of their time while they're on the go, and are sick of having little pieces of paper all over with notes of the their time. This app puts your expenses and time notes all in the same place.
Before you add any new apps to your Palm, remember to back up your phone. One of the most common time for phones to have problems is when you're adding new software. If one of the apps doesn't really make any difference in your life, then get rid of it to save room on your phone.