The French have produced many great things, so it is no wonder the ten best French female singers of all time are also world renowned. Unique voices with a unique musical style make these French born singers a force to be reckoned with. Not only do each of these ladies come highly recommended but they don’t disappoint their fans.
- Sandrine Kiberlain – (Boulogne-Billancourt, France) Kiberlain has recorded two albums so far, but has already made headway as a singer and actress. She has become known for catchy melodies that are mellow and seductive with a unique sound all her own.
- Chimene Badi -(Melun, Seine-et-Marne, France) Though she did not win on the reality show "Popstars," Badi went on to release an album that hit number one on French charts. She has since written the French language theme song to “The Day After Tomorrow” – "Le Jour d'après" (The Day After).
- Coeur de Pirate – (Quebec, Canada) With her quirky singing and piano style, Beatrice Martin, aka Coeur de Pirate (Pirate Heart), has a similar musical style to Regina Spektor. Her album was nominated for Francophone Album of the Year at the 2009 Juno Awards, at only nineteen years of age.
- Rose – (Nice, France) Rose, the artist who sings the French hit song "La Liste," was born Keren Meloul. She has a very folk-pop vibe reminiscent of Janice Joplin and Bob Dylan of whom she shares the same birth date.
- Anais Crobe – (Grenoble, Isere, France) Her first album, called "The Cheap Show" was first recorded in 2004 and titled as a pun on “peep show.” She is well-known for imitating or paying tribute to other singers such as Eddy Mitchell, Shakira, N.E.R.D, and has been known to make fun of Scottish and New Orleans folklore, Her musical style is what you could call a mixture of folk, pop blues, and heavy metal.
- Jeanne Cherhal – (Nantes, France) Cherhal has toured with many famous singers and bands, broadcasting her vocals and piano talents far and wide. The singer/songwriter has showcased her unique voice in many countries throughout Europe, Africa and in the country of Canada.
- Carla Bruni – (Italy) Though Bruni is Italian born, the French singer/songwriter has a very sensual voice that has captivated fans for years. Strumming her accoustic guitar, Bruni has a very seductive indie appeal. After marrying France’s president, Bruni's first concert in public was for Nelson Mandela's 91st birthday at Radio City Musical Hall in New York City.
- Emmanuelle Seigner – (Paris, France) Seigner is a singer, actress and wife of acclaimed filmmaker Roman Polanski. Her music has a very seductive rock sound that appears more beautiful in French than in English.
- Etyl – (France) This French singer has jumped outside the box with her pop creations. Using her voice and her unique range of instruments, Etyl creates an eclectic ambiance feel to her music that fans can’t seem to get enough of.
- Emilie Simon – (Montpellier, France) In May 2003, she released her debut album Émilie Simon. In 2004, she was rewarded with a “Victoire de la Musique” for the electronic album which had fast become an acclaimed success.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.