10 Best French Hip Hop Songs
Rap music is an international phenomenon and these hot tracks are the 10 best French hip-hop songs ever committed to record. If you've never heard French hip-hop before, this is a great place to start. Check them out!
- “Le Crime Paie” by Lunatic Crime pays, but how much? Lunatic has the answer in this fresh track that tops our list of the best French hip-hop songs for its awesome beat.
- "L'école du micro d'argent" by IAM This is the title track from a classic hip-hop album. It is one of the best French hip-hop songs in history thanks to its clever lyrics and soulful backing music.
- “Qui est l'exemple” by Rohff R&B had a major impact on the development of hip-hop in recent years and France is no exception. This track proves it and is the best R&B flavored hip-hop track we've heard in a while.
- “Sacrifice de Poulet” by Ministere AMER This is about as close to gangsta rap as French hip-hop gets. The backing track is hardcore, as are the spitfire lyrics, which will leave you in a daze.
- "Les tam-tam de l'Afrique" by IAM Colonialism and slavery are the difficult issues explored in this track. That's why it is our favorite French hip-hop song with a political message.
- "J't'emmerde" by MC Jean Gab1 This legendary diss finds MC Jean Gab1 going off on fellow rapper Sheryo. These two definitely don't get along, but in France, they rap about it.
- “Petit Bordel” by Art 2 Rue “Bordel” means “whorehouse” in French. That gives you an idea of this song’s thumping, booty-shaking nastiness. Anything that can make you laugh and dance at the same time is cool in our book.
- “Quand J’arrive” by Oxmo Puccino Any French music critic will tell you that this is one of the most famous—and best—French hip-hop songs. In France, it's a popular background for breakdancers.
- “Bouge de là” by MC Solaar MC Solaar is known even in non-French speaking countries for his smooth delivery and fresh approach to the genre. This is one of his coolest and more recent tunes.
- “Police” by NTM Even French rappers have a problem with the police, as this final track, which rounds out our list of the best French hip-hop songs, will attest. It might not be as cool as "F*ck tha Police" by NWA, but it's still pretty bad ass.
Posted on: Dec. 22, 2010