During the players revolt at the 2010 World Cup, we all saw the dark side of some of the 10 best French soccer players. Time moves on though, and a new coach and a new season give the following soccer stars a chance to make amends to their fans.
- Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea): Anyone who the media nickname "Le Sulk" has rubbed a fair number of people the wrong way. Anelka has ruffled feathers at clubs from Madrid to Bolton but his skills keep him in demand. Anelka ranks as one of the most dangerous soccer players of all time in front of goal and remains one of the biggest names in French soccer.
- Florent Malouda (Chelsea): Florent plays with Anelka for club and country but is a lower profile figure. He is a pacey winger with the ability to score and has been one of the best soccer players in the English league since he arrived from Lyon.
- Patrick Viera (Man City): The veteran midfielder is arguably one of the best French soccer players of all time. Arsenal never recovered when he left and he helped his nation win a World Cup and a European Championship.
- Gael Clichy (Arsenal): The left back replaced the highly rated Ashley Cole at Arsenal and more than filled his boots. He has incredible speed and unusual skill for a left back which makes him one of the best soccer players from France.
- Abou Diaby (Arsenal): Diaby was not an instant hit when he moved to Arsenal but has gradually become one of the most assured performers in a talented Arsenal team. Diaby scores a lot of goals for a defensive midfielder and as French soccer players go he is pretty level headed.
- Philippe Mexes (Roma): Talented defender Mexes plays his club football in Italy where only the very best defenders make a lasting impact. He is a reliable stalwart for club and country and certainly one of the best defenders in Serie A.
- Karim Benzema (Real Madird): Benzema has a fight on his hands at Madrid to get a game due to an abundance of strikers but his goal record is incredible and among the best of all the French players. He is a danger anywhere near goal and although he has had some off field issues he remains popular with fans.
- Bacary Sagna (Arsenal): Sagna like his team mate Diaby took some time to win over fans at Arsenal but no one doubts his credentials any more. One of the quickest defenders in the English league and an all around top soccer player.
- Louis Saha (Everton): Louis has had an injury plagued career but is enjoying a new lease of life at Everton. He scored the fastest ever FA Cup goal in 2009 and got back into the French team in 2010.
- Thierry Henry (New York Red Bulls): Thierry broke Irish hearts with an outrageous handball during World Cup qualifying in 2009 but is among the best French soccer players of all time. He was a prolific scorer at Arsenal and is now enjoying his swan-song in the U.S.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.