The 10 best “Friday” quotes are hard to pick. There are so many classic lines in the movie that people still use them today. Who could possibly pick from the lines delivered so well by Smokey and Ezal? In fact, Chris Tucker's portrayal of Smokey propelled him into the spotlight.
- “Puff puff, give. Puff puff, give. You f**kin' up the rotation.” -Smokey. Smokey's take on how to smoke weed changed the way that chronic was shared among friends. While smoking with Craig, Smokey gets irritated that he smokes the weed down before passing it along to the next guy. To this day, it is a classic among weedheads and one of the best "Friday" quotes.
- “I grab a dog. I choke him and I kick the sh** out of him. All day long got my foot up a dog's a**. Just bang, bang, bang up his a**. That's my pleasure.” -Mr. Jones. Mr. Jones was home during the movie because a dog had bitten him on his bottom, and he was just a little bitter about it. In this scene, Mr. Jones is telling Craig about finding pleasure in his job as a postman.
- “No sugar? Damn. Y'all ain't never got two things that match. Either y'all got Kool-aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly. Ham, no burger. Daaamn.” -Smokey. Smokey is upset that every time he comes to the Jones' home they never have what it takes to make one whole meal. People who have drunk sugar water can relate to this.
- “I know you don't smoke weed, I know this; but I'm gonna get you high today, 'cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job… and you ain't got sh** to do.” -Smokey. Smokey just wants Craig to feel better about losing his job. Why not partake in a little herbal relief?
- “Weed is from the earth. God put this here for me and you. Take advantage man, take advantage.” -Smokey. Craig asks Smokey about smoking so much weed. Smokey's justification of the goodness of earth has been the battle cry for those people who want weed legalized. Besides, without this justification of weed, the point of "Friday" would be lost.
- “Aw, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. God. Oh, I'm hurt. Oh, my neck, my back, my neck and my back. Oh, I want $150,000, but we can settle out of court right now for twenty bucks.” -Ezal. Ezal screams this line out after taking a dive in the floor of the local convenience store. After the janitor walks around and discovers there is no water on the floor, he throws Ezal out of the store. There are many other quotes from Ezal that could be considered to be one of the best "Friday" quotes.
- “You got knocked the f**k out, man!” -Smokey. Another classic Smokey line. Smokey's delivery following several butt kickings in the movie was perfect. After every school fight for at least two years, this line was screamed out. This line is arguably the best "Friday" quote, and one that still stands today.
- “I got mind control over Deebo. He be like 'shut the f**k up.' I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talking again.” -Smokey. Smokey is telling Craig how he is not afraid of the neighborhood bully. Smokey considers his compliance a form of resistance.
- “The f**k you stealing boxes for? What you trying to build, a clubhouse?” -Smokey. Craig tells Smokey he got fired on his off day for stealing boxes. Smokey can't figure out why in the world would he want to steal boxes. Movie theaters across the country erupted in laughter when this best quote from "Friday" was thrown out by Smokey.
- “Every time I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen. In the G**DAMN refrigerator! Eatin' all the food! All the chicken… all the pig feet… all the collard greens… all the hog maws… I love pig FEET!” -Mr. Jones. Mr. Jones is the classic dad. He feels like Craig spends too much time in the kitchen eating up his food, and not enough time working. Many might feel this isn't one of the best "Friday" quotes, but the delivery of this line seals its spot on the list.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …