10 Best Friend Love Songs
These 10 best friend love songs are about the devotion one friend has to another. Friendship can help people get through rough times. When you listen to the ten best friend love songs you may be moved or inspired, but you will definitely want to call your best friend.
- "Seasons in the Sun" (1973) Terry Jacks A man tells his friends he is about to die and recounts their precious memories together. When you make a list of the ten best friend love songs, this one has to be on it.
- "You're My Best Friend" (1976) Queen This is a song about how a lover can be a friend and how a friend can turn into a lover. It is one of the most heartfelt songs that Queen became known for.
- "Wish You Were Here" (1975) Pink Floyd Throughout their history, the legendary Pink Floyd wrote several songs about their friend and former bandmate Syd Barrett. This song is a lament about the things that Syd missed and the things that Syd went through. Its honest lyrics make it one of the ten best friend love songs of all time.
- "That's What Friends Are For" (1982) Burt Bacharach Many people have covered this song, but the basic message remains the same. Friendship that remains strong in the face of severe hardship is the kind of friendship that everyone needs.
- "Candle in the Wind 1997" (1997) Elton John / Bernie Taupin When Princess Diana died, the world went into mourning. The writing team of Elton John and Bernie Taupin rewrote their hit song "Candle in the Wind" (1973) to become a homage to Princess Diana. The lyrics tell of the pain that the world felt at the loss of the beautiful princess.
- "Whenever I Call You Friend" (1978) Kenny Loggins This is a simple yet effective tribute from Kenny Loggins to the friends he holds so dear. He sang this song as a duet with Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac and it is the perfect song for a list of the ten best friend love songs.
- "Funeral For a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding" (1973) Elton John / Bernie Taupin This is a song with several movements, some of them very sombre, leading up to a story about the loss of dear friends and the frustration it creates. It was released as a bonus track on the "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" (1973) album.
- "My Friend" (2009) Bill Callaha This folksy song has some very moving lyrics about the love and devotion Bill Callahan has for his friend. It appears that the subject of the song has passed away and that is what inspired his song. Regardless of the inspiration, this is one of the ten best friend love songs ever written.
- "Song for a Friend" (2005) Jason Mraz This soulful song is an attempt by Jason Mraz to put confidence into a friend that he cares about. It is a pleading song, but the upbeat tempo can make it seem deceiving.
- "I Miss My Friend" (2008) Mario This is song about a man that loves his friend so dearly that, when she says she can no longer talk to him, he is devastated. This R&B song really hits home to people that have lost close friends over disagreements or arguments.