Get ready for some memorable moments with these 10 best friendship quotes from movies. Many movies deal with relationships that seem to be taken directly from real life. Friendships in moves are portrayed much the same way.
- "Remember George, no man is a failure who has friends." Clarence (Henry Travers), "It’s a Wonderful Life" (1946) This quote was said to the main character of the movie, George (Jimmy Stewart). The movie is about learning to appreciate the blessings in your life which includes friendships.
- “From that day on, we was always together. Jenny and me was like peas and carrots.” Forest Gump (Tom Hanks), "Forest Gump" (1994) The movie is about the life of a man with a very simple view on life. This quote is from one of the first scenes of the movie and shows the innocence of friendship as a child.
- “Alone: bad. Friend: good!” The Monster (Boris Karloff), "Bride of Frankenstein" (1935) This is the sequel to the 1931 horror film Frankenstein. In the movie, Dr. Frankenstein (Colin Clive) makes his monster a bride because he expresses that he don’t like being alone.
- “I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve.” The Writer (Richard Dreyfuss), "Stand By Me" (1986) This is a coming of age story about a group of friends. The quote is from the narrator who tells the story as he sits at his computer typing.
- “Wow! Only a true friend would be that truly honest.” Donkey (Eddie Murphy), "Shrek" (2001) Okay, it’s a kid’s movie but you know you’ve seen it. "Shrek" is the story of a very unlikely fairytale but also a very unlikely friendship between Donkey and the ogre main character, Shrek (Mike Myers).
- “You are my superior officer. You are also my friend. I have been and always shall be yours.” Spock (Leonard Nimoy), "Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan" (1982) Spock says this in a near-death scene to Captain James Kirk (William Shatner) as he gives his long time friend the Vulcan salute.
- “Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart), "Casablanca" (1942) The movie is about an American owner of an upscale club in the Moroccan city of Casablanca.
- “It’s an insane world, but in it there’s one sanity, the loyalty of old friends. Judah, we must believe in one another.” Messala (Stephen Boyd), "Ben-Hur" (1959) Messala says this to Judah Ben-Hur (Charlton Heston). In the movie, Messala betrays Judah and sends him into slavery. Judah later regains his freedom and seeks revenge.
- “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.” Albus Dumbledore (Richard Harris), "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone" (2001) Dumbledore says this to the very shy Neville Longbottom (Matthew Lewis) who stands up to his friends because they were going against the school’s rules.
- “I have a dream too, but it’s about singing and dancing and making people happy. It’s the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. And I found a whole group of friends who have the same dream, and that makes us sort of like a family.” Kermit the Frog (Jim Henson), "The Muppet Movie" (1979) Kermit says this to the evil Doc Hopper at the climax of the film. The movie is about how The Muppets meet and become friends.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.