10 Best Full Size Trucks
The 10 best full size trucks come from all of the big auto makers. Some auto makers have added luxury to the driving experience and some have left the driving experience to the minimum in bells and whistles. Today when purchasing a full size truck the choice is up to the buyer regarding what type of engines, exteriors and interiors to buy.
- 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500: Based on an analysis of 66 published reviews and test drives, the Chevrolet Silverado is the number one best full size truck. With the Silverado, the buyer is able to choose from a variety of engine choices and features. No matter which combination of engines or features you chose, the Silverado will provide the best capabilities and comfort.
2010 Ford F-150: Coming in second, the Ford F-150 is also one of the best full size trucks. The F-150 has a tool tracking system and an in-cab computer which is what separates it from the other full size trucks.
- 2010 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid: When combining improved fuel economy with truck capabilities you get one of the best full size trucks. This is a great full size truck when driving in a lot of stop and go traffic because the engine shuts off when stopped in traffic and the electric power turns on.
- 2010 GMC Sierra 1500: The GMC Sierra 1500 is one of the best full size trucks not just because of it's truck capabilities but also because this is a truck that adds luxury to it. The GMC can be built to each buyer's specifications which can turn this full size work horse into a luxurious truck.
- 2010 Dodge Ram 1500: The Dodge Ram 1500 comes in at number five as the best full size truck. The Dodge Ram 1500 has impressed many people by it's smooth car-like handling, high tech interior and handy exterior. The Dodge Ram offers many functional features if those are the options chosen such as lockable waterproof storage cubbies in the cabin and on the bed.
- 2010 Toyota Tundra: The Tundra is an excellent all around choice as one of the best full size trucks. There is a platinum package which can be added to the limited edition if luxury is what you are looking for in a full size truck.
- 2010 Nissan Titan: A strong powertrain make the Nissan Titan one of the best full size trucks. The 2011 Titan will be made based on the Dodge Ram which is a platform that many say is the best made.
- 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche: The Avalanche is one of the only full size trucks that offers a flexible midgate design making it one of the best full size trucks. The midgate is a removable partition that separates the cabin from the bed which enhances the functionality of the Avalanche. The midgate also can be used to allow an open pickup bed or a fully enclosed cargo area.
- 2010 Ford F-250: For those who need serious towing or hauling, the Ford F-250 is the best full size truck that provides heavy duty power. Ford has improved it's platforms, upgraded the drivetrains, and enhanced the overall performance of the Series F class because 40% of their sales come from these full sized trucks.
- 2010 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab: GMC has improved this line of Sierra 2500 making it the tenth best full size truck. The transmission now has two overdrive gears which provide a relaxed cruising experience as well as lower engine speeds. Most importantly, the Sierra 2500 has a driver shift control and standard tow/haul mode which is a great feature for those towing.