Compiling a list of the 10 best funny rap lyrics is a difficult task. Considering the wealth of materials and the (sometimes involuntarily) funny word plays and imagery the artists choose, keeping it down to only 10 is tough.
- “I be the analog arsonist, aimin at your arteries” by Blackalicious. The latter is a dynamic duo comprised of Gift of Gab and Chief Xcel. Hailing from Oakland, California, these rappers are currently on the Quannum Projects label. This line is from "A to G" on the "NIA" album.
- “I like them black, white, Puerto Rican, or Haitian, Like Japanese, Chinese, or even Asian” is from Chingy's "Balla Baby" on the "Powerballin'" CD. Coming from St. Louis, Missouri, his current label is Real Talk Entertainment.
- On "Hip-Hop Junkies," Nice & Smooth crooned “I'm a diamond, you're a cubic zirconia.” A bona fide Bronx rapping duo, the entertainers had their heyday in the 80s and 90s. Find these lyrics on the "Ain't a Damned Thing Changed" album.
- Next on the best funny rap lyrics is Lil' Wayne whose take on his future caused him to quip “I'm a BET soldier and MTV gangsta/I will be on VH1 when I'm done bein famous” in "I'm Raw." From what you can see, he’s in for the long haul yet.
- Another not so small contender is Lil’ Kim whose fashion statement on "Last Day" comes out loud and clear when she sings “Until my heartbeat stops, my flesh goes numb/And the last breath leaves my lung, I'll be/The big Q.B., the problem in Prada.” The New York rapper has been a staple of the rap scene since 1994. Find this song on "The Naked Truth" album.
- Although the content of the song "Rebel Without a Pause" is quite serious, the line “we're rap stranglers” deserves a place in the list of the best funny rap lyrics. Public Enemy's "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back" CD is among the heaviest hitters in the genre, and this line is gold.
- Lyte Funky Ones (LFO) from Fall River, Massachusetts, bring this line to the table: “When you take a sip you buzz like a hornet/Billy Shakespeare wrote a whole bunch of sonnets.” This stuff is hilarious! It is taken from the song "Summer Girls" off the "Lyte Funky Ones" CD.
- On "Best Dress" famous LL Cool J croons “He was yo' crush, you was his crutch” while talking to the girls. The line is amusing, even though the rest of the song is as serious as a heart attack. Find it on the "Todd Smith" CD.
- Ice Cube is credited with spearheading the gansta rap genre. While a lot of the lyrics in "Child Support" from the album "Laugh Now, Cry Later" are serious and rated “R” or “MA,” this line is priceless: “bustin' outta Bentleys/wearin' chinchillasss.” That’s a visual you just don’t think about.
- Last–but not least–on the list of the best funny rap lyrics is an offering from "Elvis Killed Kennedy" by Vanilla Ice. He leaves the listener with “World destruction push the button end of discussion/Boom.” The album is aptly named "Bi-Polar."
Mind you, even though this is one author’s take on the best funny rap lyrics, there are plenty of others that also qualify for inclusion. Some of these lyrics are gold; some of them have already earned gold.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.