10 Best Future Careers
If you are considering going back to school or learning a new trade, you might be interested in hearing about the 10 best future careers. Opportunities for these well-paying jobs are expected to grow over the next decade. Read on to learn more about the 10 best future careers:
- Network systems and data communications analyst/administrator. These types of workers help companies transmit and store information using computer technology. This is one of the best future careers because over 286,600 new jobs are expected to be added over the next decade. In addition, workers with many different levels of education and training can join this occupation.
- Home health and personal care aides. These health care workers care for people who are injured, infirm, or disabled. Although this is difficult work, it is one of the 10 best future careers because opportunities are expected to expand rapidly over the next decade. In addition, this career offers the opportunity for part time, evening, and weekend work.
- Computer software engineers. Another type of information technology professional, computer software engineers develop and design software for business and personal use. Rapid technological growth means that opportunities in this career will be abundant, making it one of the 10 best future careers. To become a computer software engineer, a bachelor's degree in computer science is required.
- Veterinary technicians and technologists. If you love animals, this might be the career for you. Opportunities for veterinary technicians, professionals who assist veterinarians, are expected to grow much faster than average. A two-year education program is required.
- Personal financial advisors. These financial professional assist individuals with income, asset and tax planning and preparation. This is one of the best future careers because not only is rapid growth expected, it is very highly paid. Personal financial advisors need a bachelor's degree.
- Substance abuse/behavioral health counselor. This is one of the 10 best future careers because the need for counselors is expected to exceed the people who become licensed counselors. This means that you won't have any trouble finding a job. In addition to career security, you'll also have the knowledge that you are helping those in need.
- Skin care specialists. With its high pay and flexible hours, skin care specialist is definitely one of the 10 best future careers. In addition, no college degree is required. These specialists usually attend a vocational program and do an apprenticeship.
- Financial analysts. These finance professionals are similar to personal finance advisors, except that they work for banks, corporations and investment firms rather than for individuals. Though a bachelor's degree is required, pay is typically higher than average for college graduates.
- Social service assistants. If you like to help people and want financial security, this job is for you. Social services assistants help physical and mental health patients function in the world, usually under the guidance of a social worker. A college degree is not required for this career.
- Gaming investigators. If you like to be in the casino, this might be the career for you. Gaming investigators look into fraud and theft at gaming establishments. Though the pay is average, perks are usually included.