The 10 best gangsta love songs show, in some cases, a softer side to some of the world's hardest rappers. Other entries on our list of the ten best gangsta love songs are down and dirty odes to "thug passion." These aren't your typical romantic slow jams. Instead, they are the ten best gangsta love songs, bringing the hotter side of hip-hop.
- "Me and My Bitch" by Notorious BIG – Despite the title, Biggie's song at the top of our list of the ten best gangsta love songs is a heartfelt ode to a loyal woman who meets a tragic end to protect her man. The story in the song, as well as the way Biggie delivers it, put "Me and My Bitch" at the top of the list.
- "Doin' It" by LL Cool J – Ladies Love Cool James indeed. This gangsta love song from hip-hop's biggest loverman was a massive hit.
- "Romeo & Juliet" by Sylk E. Fine – Sylk E. Fine of South Central LA was one of the few female gangsta rappers, and her ode to "hot sex on a platter" was her biggest hit. It is one of the best gangsta love songs ever performed.
- "Gangster of Love" by the Geto Boys – Sampling the Steve Miller Band's "Joker," the Geto Boys' entry on our list of the best gangsta love songs illustrates how "love" is done in their hood. Down, dirty, raw; that's the way these g-rap pioneers do it.
- "One More Chance" by Notorious BIG – Biggie's second entry, riding a hot piano sample, is easily one of the ten best gangsta love songs. Ladies did love "Big Poppa."
- "Gangsta Luv" by Snoop Doggy Dogg – Snoop's smooth style is impossible to match. When he sets his mind to a gangsta love song, the ladies in the club respond immediately.
- "Me & My Girlfriend" by 2Pac – This entry is unique on our list of the ten best gangsta love songs, because Pac is swearing allegiance to the most important significant other in his life. Despite the title, though, it's not a woman; it's his trusted gun.
- "21 Questions" by 50 Cent - "I love you more than a fat kid love cake," 50 says, in one of the more awkwardly charming gangsta love songs on our list. It's a nice sentiment from the man behind the classic line, "I'm into havin' sex, I ain't into makin' love."
- "All That I Got is You" – Ghostface Killah (featuring Mary J. Blige) - Ghost has always had a softer side. This track, shared with Mary J. Blige, is one of the best gangsta love songs ever.
- "Suga Suga" by Baby Bash (featuring Frankie J) – The latin side of NYC hip-hop is represented in the final entry on our list of the best gangsta love songs. It's an ode to getting high and getting laid, the perfect capper to our list.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.