Driving one of these 10 best gas mileage trucks of 2010 will help save money every day at the pump, especially in an age where it can cost an arm and a leg to fill up a truck's gas tank. Gas prices are soaring across the country, and it’s becoming increasingly imperative to be aware of mileage and efficiency. While trucks are necessary for certain jobs and lifestyles, people can still find affordable vehicles capable of getting more than thirteen miles per gallon.
- 2010 Ford Ranger 2WD, 4 cyl, 2.3 L, Manual. This small, functional vehicle is the best gas mileage truck of 2010. With 22 mpg city and 27 mpg highway, the Ford Ranger allows people to still own a truck, yet only spend between $41.31 and $48.60 to fill up their tank, depending on fuel costs in the local area.
- 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 15 Hybrid 2WD, 8 cyl, 6L, Automatic. The new Chevy Silverado is making waves in the hybrid world, offering a powerful eight cylinder engine, but with great gas mileage. The large 26 gallon tank only costs $63.18 to fill up, and the truck gets 21 mpg city and 22 mpg highway.
- 2010 GMC Sierra 15 Hybrid 2WD, 8 cyl, 6L, Automatic. Another efficient, clean General Motors truck, with the ability to deliver the same truck gas mileage and performance as the Silverado.
- 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 15 Hybrid 4WD, 8 cyl, 6L, Automatic. Essentially the same Silverado truck, but featuring the stronger four-wheel drive option. While the EPA estimates are the same, this version maxes out at 491 miles per tank, as opposed to 515 miles for the standard two-wheel drive truck.
- 2010 GMC Sierra 15 Hybrid 4WD, 8 cyl, 6L, Automatic. The GMC version of the Silverado has virtually the same specs, making it one of the best gas mileage trucks available in 2010.
- 2010 Toyota Tacoma 2WD, 4cyl, 2.7L, Manual. The first foreign truck to break into the 10 best comes from Toyota in Japan. Reaching 20 mpg city and 26 mpg highway, the Tacoma supplies 416 miles of travel on its smaller 21 gallon tank.
- 2010 Toyota Tacoma 2WD, 4cyl, 2.7L, Automatic. The automatic transmission version of 2010's Tacoma might be more convenient, but it fails to provide the same gas mileage performance as the manual. Both statistics fall to 19 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, but the truck still provides 297 miles on the same size tank.
- 2010 Ford Ranger 2WD, 4 cyl, 2.3 L, Automatic. The best gas mileage truck of 2010 takes a long tumble on the list with the added automatic transmission. This version of the Ranger drops to 19 mpg city and 24 highway, ranking below the Tacoma, despite its smaller engine.
- 2010 Suzuki Equator 2WD, 4 cyl, 2.5 L, Manual. Suzuki’s truck offers affordable and productive gas mileage, with a respectable 19 mpg city and 23 mpg highway. This is a great economic alternative to the more expensive Tacoma.
- 2010 Nissan Frontier 2WD, 4 cyl, 2.5 L, Manual. Rounding out the 10 best is Nissan’s Frontier, which has the same EPA estimated mpg as the Equator. For a mere $51.27, this will keep on truckin’ for 399 miles, getting people to work and play at a reasonable rate.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.