10 Best Gas Mileage Trucks
Are you wondering which 10 best gas mileage trucks are on the road today? With the rising price of fuel and the stagnancy of wages, your dollar has to be pushed to the limit. Owning or leasing a new truck, especially the hybrids, are one way of stretching your dollar even further, even more than the 2009 versions of the same trucks.
- GMC 2010 and 2011 Sierra 15 Hybrid. These are the absolute best gas mileage trucks available. The two wheel drive GMC truck with an automatic, eight cylinder, 6.0 liter engine received an average of 22 mpg.
- Chevrolet 2010 Silverado 15 Hybrid. The same company with another hybrid is another best gas mileage truck. The Silverado version equipped with two wheel drive with eight cylinders and a 6.0 liter engine is good for 22 mpg.
- GMC 2010 and 2011 Sierra 15 Hybrid four wheel drive. Incredibly, four wheel drives are making the list of best gas mileage trucks. The Sierra has an automatic, eight cylinder, 6.0 liter engine averaging 21 mpg.
- Chevrolet 2010 and 2011 Silverado 15 Hybrid four wheel drive. An automatic with eight cylinders and a 6.0 liter engine, it averages 21 mpg. Not to be outdone by the Sierra, the Silverado four wheel drive also makes the best gas mileage truck list.
- Chevrolet 2011 Silverado 15 Hybrid. Not as good as the 2010 version on gas, but the two wheel drive version of the 2011 Silverado equipped with an automatic, eight cylinder, 6.0 liter engine will get 21 mpg. This is slightly less than last year's model on gas.
- GMC 2010 and 2011 Canyon and Canyon Crew Cab. This may not be a hybrid but it is a best gas mileage truck just the same. Two versions of the two wheel drive, automatic four speed, four cylinder, 2.9 liter engine averaged 21 mpg.
- Ford 2010 Ranger. Their two wheel drive, automatic five speed, four cylinder, 2.3 liter engine averaged 21 mpg. A 2011 version is not available for comparison.
- Chevrolet 2010 and 2011 Colorado and Colorado Crew Cab. The Chevrolet 2010 Colorado, as well as the Colorado Crew Cab, equipped with two wheel drive with an automatic four speed, four cylinder, 2.9 liter engine averages 21 mpg.
- Toyota 2010 and 2011 Tacoma. The surprise best gas mileage truck without one of the big three names! Toyota's two wheel drive Tacoma with an automatic four speed, four cylinder, 2.7 liter engine gets an average of 21 mpg.
- GMC 2011 Canyon 4 wheel drive. Equipped with an automatic four speed, four cylinders and a 2.9 liter engine, this gets an average of 20 mpg.