The 10 best gay and lesbian movies have changed the way many movie goers used the term "love story." While some have put a harsh light on the reality of the situation, many also make us laugh until we cry. Keep an open mind and heart when you view these features.
- "Brokeback Mountain." Topping the list of best gay and lesbian movies is the film that changed the way the world viewed cowboys. This is the story of two men who fall in love, but stay separated by one's need to remain a "real man" in the eyes of society.
- "Beautiful Thing." This touching teenage love story makes the list of best gay and lesbian movies. As the two teens explore their new found feelings, their parents and neighbors decide how to deal with the situation.
- "In and Out." This all star cast movie makes the list of best gay and lesbian movies. A high school drama teacher discovers he is gay after a former student outs him on television just days before his wedding.
- "A Single Man." The sad story of understanding makes the list of best gay and lesbian movies. The movie is set after the death of a man's long time lover and relates how those around him react.
- "Hedwig and the Angry Inch." This forbidden love story makes the list of best gay and lesbian movies. A young German man falls in love with an American soldier during war time.
- "Transamerica." The next entry on the list of best gay and lesbian movies deals with an unusual father/son relationship. A transsexual discovers he has a son and sets out to get to know him on a cross country car trip.
- "Midnight Cowboy." The infamous movie makes the list of best gay and lesbian movies. From gay sex for sale to falling in love, this classic has it all.
- "Get Real." On the list of best gay and lesbian movies comes the teenage love story with a twist. The movie explores what happens when a young gay boy falls in love with the high school jock.
- "Go Fish." This story of the search for love for a young lesbian makes the list of best gay and lesbian movies. As she searches for Ms. Right, she encounters a cast of humorous characters.
- "Philadelphia." Rounding out the list of best gay and lesbian movies is the story of a gay couple dealing with HIV and AIDS. Tom Hanks scored big with audiences for his portrayal of a man dealing with prejudice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …