10 Best Geek Pickup Lines
In the past you may have tried to avoid using geeky pickup lines because of a fear that they'd repel women rather than attractive them, but it's the 21st century now, and geek is chic, so it's handy to have a guide to the ten best geek pickup lines at your disposal. In fact, one study suggests that not only is humor an indication of sexual interest, it also indicates the ability to maintain social relationships. If you make a woman laugh with your best geek pickup line, you're not only telling her you like her, you're also telling her you have the potential to be a good long term partner.
Just remember that even geek pickup lines can cross the line. If you aim to make a woman laugh instead of walk away, avoid geek pickup lines that are overtly sexual or creepy. Here are ten great geeky pickup lines for you to try out.
- "I think you could be an integral part of my project life cycle." Not only is this sufficiently geeky to imply intelligence, but it also implies you're interested in more than a one night stand, which most women appreciate.
"What's a nice girl like you doing in a chatroom like this?" A geeky take on a classic cheesy non-threatening line, this one is likely to make a woman smile, which is a great start to any relationship.
"You must be Windows 95, because you've got me so unstable." It's hard to beat complimenting a woman, showing off your computer knowledge, and slamming Microsoft all in one sentence. Just hope she doesn't work for them.
- "You compute me." This geeky take on the cheestastic "Jerry Maguire" line will probably make her laugh and roll her eyes. As a bonus, it leads immediately into a discussion of the movie. Don't use it if you haven't seen the movie.
- "But enough about me. Let's talk about mu." A legendary lost island along the lines of Atlantis, the twelfth letter of the Greek alphabet, or something having to do with peptide chains, "mu" freshens up this classic line.
- "You're so beautiful you make my heart stop. Wait while I make my saving throw." You're complimenting her, but you're also admitting to being a D&D geek. Use this one cautiously, but you might just make some cute girl who's secretly a D&D geek herself the happiest woman in the world with this line.
- "Tell me of this thing you humans call love." Most women melt when in the presence of any man who is capable of using the word "love" in a full sentence.
- "I can tell by your emoticons that you're looking for some company." Cheesy and geeky is a great combination that comes off as friendly and non-threatening.
- "Resistance is futile." Who doesn't love a Trekkie these days?
- "I'd switch to PC for you." This line shows off your Mac cred while implying you'd do anything for the woman of your dreams.
When you go to toss out your best geek pickup line, remember to arm yourself with a smile and a sense of personal space. You want to come off friendly, not pervy.