Hip hop has indeed become a global phenomenon, but what are the best German rap songs?
- Sido – “Jeden Tag Wochenende.” Sido’s name is an abbreviation in German that can be translated into “Super Intelligent Drug Victim.” This song, “Every Day Weekend,” is the best German rap song, in our humble opinion.
- Manges – “King.” You don’t have to be fluent in German to appreciate the cool beats and flowing rhymes on this track.
- Chakuza – “Monster.” This dope track is one of the best German rap songs of 2010. Hardcore rhymester Chakuza was born in Vienna but is now a major figure in the Berlin hip hop scene.
- Fler, featuring Bushido – “Das Alles ist Deutschland.” Fler is well known for his political statements, and this recent track is a good indication of his position on issues he encounters on the streets of his native Berlin.
- Eko Fresh – “Der Einspruch.” This is probably the best German rap song of recent years put out by a rapper from the country’s burgeoning Turkish community.
- Killa Hakan – “Alles Tamam.” A track featuring fellow rappers Sido and Ceza.
- Nyze – “Ein Letztes Mal.” Hands down, the best German rap song put out by Nyze so far!
- Bushido – “Alles Wird Gut.” The song translates into “Everything Will Be Fine,” and you’ll probably find yourself agreeing after hearing this uplifting hip hop track from Bushido.
- Raf Camora – “Nächster Stopp Zukunft.” “Next Stop Future,” off the album of the same title, came out in 2009 and is still showing us the best indication of the future of German rap songs.
- Chakuza – “Ready or Not.” Chakuza’s collaboration with Sonnik Boom rounds out our list of the best German rap songs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …