10 Best Get Back Together Songs
These 10 best get back together songs are great for couples who want a second chance. Breakups are hard, but make sure you want your ex back for the right reason. If reconciliation is really what you want, talk to your ex about the idea of getting back together. When both of you are ready to make up, it would be nice to have some of these songs around—listed in alphabetical order for easy reference.
- "After All" "After All" is the perfect get back together song. American singer and actress Cher performed the duet with Peter Cetera, the lead vocalist for the American band, Chicago. They recorded the song for the 1989 film "Chances Are."
- "Against All Odds" A song of hope, "Against All Odds" is the title song for the 1984 film of the same name. It’s one of several versions that British singer-songwriter Phil Collins wrote for his first wife who had left him.
- "I Want You Back" As a popular get back together song, "I Want You Back" tells of a lover who regrets leaving his partner. A preteen Michael Jackson sang the lead vocals in this 1969 hit by The Jackson 5.
- "Never Gonna Let You Go" Brazilian musician Sergio Mendes promises his love that he is going to try to make up for all the hurt he's caused. He recorded the ballad for his 1983 self-titled album.
- "Please Forgive Me" Canadian rock singer Bryan Adams recorded "Please Forgive Me" for his 1993 album "So Far So Good." The title says everything in this slow power ballad, which is one of Adams’ most successful and popular songs.
- "Reunited" "Reunited," a 1978 R&B hit from Peaches and Herb, is the classic reconciliation song.
- "Take A Chance On Me" Swedish dance-pop band ABBA sang "Take a Chance on Me" for their 1977 album called "The Album." It’s a good song to let your ex know that you’re free and ready to pick up where the two of you left off.
- "To Make You Feel My Love" Covering a Bob Dylan song, Garth Brooks sang "To Make You Feel My Love" for the 1998 film "Hope Floats." The passionate lyrics will make your ex fall in love with you all over again.
- "The Way We Were" This song depend on a couple’s love and commitment. Barbra Streisand sang "The Way We Were" for the 1973 film of the same name. Billboard ranks the song among the greatest of all time.
- "You Were Always On My Mind" Willie Nelson covered "You Were Always on My Mind" in 1982 and it became both a country and Top 40 hit. It’s a great get back together song in which the singer acknowledges his love and regrets.