Gin is a versatile alcohol that can be used in a huge variety of drinks from sweet and subtle to bitter and strong…and everywhere in between, making it tough to come up with a list featuring only the 10 Best Gin Cocktails. We took one for the team and taste-tested a myriad of gin cocktails to come up with this definitive list. The drinks on this list encompass the full flavor spectrum of gin cocktails and you’re sure to find one (or more!) that appeals to you.
- Martini. If you want a drink that says sophistication then you have to try a martini, the first drink on our list of best gin cocktails. There are hundreds of variations on the classic martini which is gin with a touch of dry vermouth; our favorite being a dirty martini – the classic with a hint of olive brine.
- Gin and Tonic. Another classic and probably the most popular gin cocktail. A gin and tonic is the ideal way to enjoy the the unique flavor profile of gin and the juniper berries that give it this distinguishing taste.
- Gimlet. Looking for something a touch sweeter but still packing all the punch of the first two gin cocktails? Try a gimlet – gin with a splash of lime juice. Or you could try the Gin Rickey variation which adds club soda to the mix.
- Tom Collins. This gin cocktail mixes gin, club soda, sour mix (or, if you can find it, Tom Collins mix) and is finished with a sugar rim and fruit garnish.
- Long Island Iced Tea. This infamous drink could probably top the list of best gin cocktails…heck, it could top just about any list of best cocktails just based on its potency. The classic recipe mixes equal parts gin, vodka, tequila, triple sec, sweet and sour with a splash of cola. So if you want a nice, stiff drink definitely order up a Long Island!
- Champagne Fizz. Want to try something a bit out of the ordinary? Try a champagne fizz by mixing gin, lemon juice, sugar and champagne. It’ll have you saying “cheers!” in no time.
- Hair of the Dog. We don’t know if this gin cocktail will actually cure a hangover, but it’s definitely worth a try! Mix gin, lemon juice, Tabasco sauce and chili pepper to get rid of your hangover…or to start working on your next one.
- Singapore Sling. Sure you’ve heard of a Singapore Sling, but have you ever tried it? It’s a refreshing, not too strong, not too sweet mix of gin, cherry brandy, lemon juice and club soda that gets its name from its name from the country it which it was invented.
- Sloe Gin Fizz. Been wanting to try sloe gin? This is the drink for you. Sloe gin is a gin-based, plum liqueur that is highlighted in this gin cocktail that combines gin, sloe gin, lemon juice, soda and simple syrup.
- Alabama Slammer. Another drink that rates high on the potency chart is the Alabama Slammer that mixes equal parts sloe gin, Southern Comfort, Triple Sec, Galliano to 6 parts orange juice. You can count on slammin’ a few of these down.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.